Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Working Pivot] Fast, interactive and versatile Pivot Access and Alignment (Align, Pos, Orient, Aim) similar to Maya's Edit Pivot

[Working Pivot] Fast, interactive and versatile Pivot Access and Alignment (Align, Pos, Orient, Aim) similar to Maya's Edit Pivot

Pls. open the provided illustrations in full screen and download the attached files containing collages of them in full resolution!

One of the reasons Maya is so pleasant to use for direct, straightforward modeling is its fast and on-the-go Pivot manipulation powered by set of consistent shortcuts and great visual feedbacks within its viewport. It allows all kinds of precise positioning and aligning operations (Align, Pos, Orient, Aim etc.) while you do your basic modeling. Working at and with certain angles has never been so easy. It supports all sub objects types and other objects in the scene.

Maya Edit Pivot.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________

MY OTHER IDEAS

MODELING

UI AND VIEWPORT

OTHERS

4 Comments
shawnolson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

I see the Smart Extrude it's getting more and more refined and that Working pivot snap and alignment it's on beta and shows great potential together with the former. This will further direct straightforward modeling even more. Now a versatile Multi cut tool and a Circularize command similar to Mayas will pretty much seal the deal in this department. Let's go Autodesk!

matthew.polster
Participant

Yeah honestly, this is awesome! I often times find myself back in Maya all the time due to the comfortable / easy flow of modelling. But then rely on a zbrush workflow to handle bevels and highp dynamic objects. It pains me that 3DS has all these amazing features but feels like modelling with boxing gloves lol.

If 3ds gains the maneuverability Maya has... that's lights out on so many other modelling programs. Would be no contest. Keep up the good work Autodesk devs!

shawnolson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Working Pivot improvements went into Max 2023.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report