Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Viewport] Default Sub-Object selection related colors to use Max brand UI colors like Turquoise, Yellow Orange, Light Gray etc.

[Viewport] Default Sub-Object selection related colors to use Max brand UI colors like Turquoise, Yellow Orange, Light Gray etc.

Im not having too much trouble with the Bright red and other geometry default colors. But the color choice is a leftover thing of Max when the old UI also made use of bright red icons. It would be more consistent and add a subtle touch of style and give Max more personality to have its typical colors like that Turquoise, Yellow Orange, Light Gray already used across its UI to be used more to display geometry (like sub-object selection). The Object selection outline is already Teal color so this will also add to the coloring consistency. Also, if you look at some tooltips, they already start to make use of this teal color.

3ds Max selection outline.png

3ds Max Teal colored toolptips 2.png  3ds Max Teal colored toolptips 1.png3ds Max Tool bar.png3ds Max custom geometry display color edges.png  3ds Max custom geometry display color faces.png  3ds Max custom geometry display color vertices.png

There are still old icons using that red color waiting to be updated. The red color sub object selection is a remnant of this old design

3ds Max CreaseSet Selection icons.png 3ds Max Nurbs surface Selection icons 1.png 3ds Max Nurbs surface Selection icons 3.png 3ds Max projection Modifier  selection icons.png 3ds Max Surface Select  Selection icons .png

3ds Max Old selection colors.png

2 Comments

duplicate pls. delete*

mgmcgill
Enthusiast

Yeah, I like this idea. I'm used to the red and it's fine but I have a feeling that making all subobject selections and icons to this teal color scheme would make for a nice touch. The red can be pretty harsh sometimes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report