Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UI Track View] A more clean, tidy and fresh UI like the new Maya Graph Editors

[UI Track View] A more clean, tidy and fresh UI like the new Maya Graph Editors

If one thing is getting constant attention and refinement from Maya team that is their Graph Editors (Graph, Time, Trax, Dope Sheet Editors). Besides new functionalities the UI style revamp treatment it got in 2017 is one of the best out there along with their new UV toolkit UI. It has proper spacing, proper padding around icons, good layout, icons are beautiful and clean and have the right size. I know the Track View revamp is on the Public Roadmap for  3ds Max  but I really hope this will reflect at the UI style as well and Track view will receive something similar like the Maya counterpart.

Track View Revamp: animators need to view and manipulate the keyframes in an efficient way to be productive. The current Track View dialog is old UI technology, and in order to both improve animator’s efficiency and continue the modernization of the 3ds Max® UI, we are evaluating redoing this tool

Maya Graph Editors

Maya Time Editor.png

Max Track View

3ds Max Track View-curve editor.png

8 Comments
PaulCPC
Contributor

Absolutely this needs an overhaul!

SuperRune
Enthusiast

Agreed, the more they can borrow from Maya the better! Also the normalized and stacked curve views in Maya are genious (and probably based on similar functionality in Pixars Presto animation tools).

PaulCPC
Contributor

Is the track view in Maya showing Animation Layers? Animation layers as a track view would be an excellent addition to the curve editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad that this is already on roadmap

There was nothing done to the UI in the last updates 😐

scottrburgoyne
Participant

Desperately longing for this update!

Norberto-3d
Participant

Of course. We need this.

perezdemedina96
Community Visitor

I think it's time for Max to have this too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report