Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Brush Tools - Public Roadmap] Support for Dynamic Tessellation, Sculpt layers, Ptex, Retopology, Radial Symmetry and other powerful features from Mudbox and other sculpting apps

[Brush Tools - Public Roadmap] Support for Dynamic Tessellation, Sculpt layers, Ptex, Retopology, Radial Symmetry and other powerful features from Mudbox and other sculpting apps

The 3ds Max Updated Public roadmap at the Artist Experiences shows a new item called Brush tools. There is a brush tools panel that seems identical with Mudbox one. The details of this Future feature are not very enlightening: Consolidate and improve brush tools inside 3ds Max. The brush tools in 3ds Max are inconsistent.

Pls. better not be just a port of the Mudbox core like in Maya without all the power features of Mudbox like: Dynamic Tessellation, Sculpt layers, Ptex, Retopology etc.

Add a Preserve Volume option both to the Relax brush, Relax tool in Editable Poly like the previewed  Relax modifier from the public roadmap.

Brush tools with physics and collisions like the recent developments in Blender (Cloth Brush) and Zbrush should not wait for too long either.

Same as those mesh filters and masking. The mesh filters in Blender are already cool and there can be only more of them and more powerfull soon. The Topology Automasking of the Sculpt tools in Blender is a simple, but very powerful option. The huge mask extraction options, are very useful and handly too, including extraction of mask selections making them solid in a single operation.

The radial Symmetry option as well  from Blender works wonderful. And you can get more than a symmetry axis on at same time. That is not possible in Mudbox. 

Max needs a robust set of sculpting tools, some actual sculpting tools would not be enough, especially now that Mudbox is discontinued and that sculpting is an ever more requested task from all industries.

Brush Tools roadmap future preview.png

Mihail Lupu wrote a small script based on the max functions (polyboost tools) combined with booleans and I can do this type of sculpt inside of 3dsmax.

8 Comments

obsolete*

duplicate*

Tags (4)
RGhost77
Advisor

- for Ptex (it seems like waste of time)

+ for other things

shawnolson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

hwoRX6FJ
Advocate

Judging by the picture from the roadmap, 3ds max will have very poor sculpting tools 😓

and....that was about it! they took this entry down from the updated roadmap. The letdown is real...

peshang
Enthusiast

I wish that we get some updates on sculpting tools directly in 3ds max.

Mihail Lupu wrote a small script based on the max functions (polyboost tools) combined with booleans and I can do this type of sculpt inside of 3dsmax. I added the video on the first post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report