Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UI Command Panel] Modifier Sets Buttons Expandable + faster Commands for sets and buttons

[UI Command Panel] Modifier Sets Buttons Expandable + faster Commands for sets and buttons

The Modifier Buttons Sets panel size should be expandable/adjustable

This will be a flexible and easy solution to deal with the real estate, saving space for other commands down the Command Panel and will also alienate the need to create additional custom modifier sets with a bigger number of buttons just to have extra modifiers at disposal. Eventually, it will add to the consistency of the Command Panel behavior since the Stack list/panel size is already adjustable and when comes to display, Stack list  should be prioritized and therefore Modifier Buttons Sets panel size should have adjustable controls. 

Expand Button and Expand Drag Bar
Having both of these two UI elements will give more flexibility instead of having a single one. The Expand button, which could be added near the Configure Modifier sets one, will fully expand and reveal your entire Set of Modifier Buttons (be it a custom or default set) or collapse to a minimum number of buttons (this could be set by default/non customizable/customizable doesn't really matter), while a similar drag bar/adjustable panel bar like the one already present for the Modifier Stack will be make the size fully adjustable.

Toggle Button for Modifier Sets

I'm finding the modifier panel a bit clunky to use because I keep having to show and hide the modifier set buttons in order to access the functions below them on the panel. Rather than having to open a menu and select an item ("show buttons") I think it would be better to have again a little icon button on the panel next to aforementioned Expand that lets you toggle the visibility of the buttons as necessary with a single click. This will also relieve Configure Modifier Sets Button of so many functions and will make it finally act like a real button (as explain in the next two sections bellow).

Show All Sets in the List and Sets List menu items in a separate button than Configure Modifier Sets

Basically most of the content of the previously Configure Modifier Sets menu except obviously Configure Modifier Sets toggle should be given to this separate button for the sake of convenience and common sense. This will be the third and the last extra button.

Configure Modifier Sets Button to open solely the Configure Modifier Sets dialog window instead the entire list

This is a natural behavior and it will be eased by the fact we now have some extra buttons for fast controls of our custom modifier sets and don't need to deal with the previous menu.

So yeah, a question that deals with buttons solved with other buttons...

3ds Max modifier sets buttons expandable panel + faster Commands for sets and buttons.png

1 Comment
Intuos5
Advisor

I can see these buttons being used to load a configured button set that was 'saved' to either one of these buttons, or to cycle through custom sets. What I find more interesting is a revamp of the archaic configure modifier sets menu in which the assigned buttons stay put. While I am customising the buttons, I don't want to reorganise them just because I increased/ decreased the amount of buttons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report