Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - licensing system error 2

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
A_MAQ
2693 Views, 9 Replies

Help needed - licensing system error 2

Hi all,

what is the solution for this problem ?

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Darin.Green
in reply to: A_MAQ

You have a broken ProductInformation.pit file located in C:\ProgramData\Adlm\ to resolve the issue you have the following options:

1. If there are other machines in the office that have the same Autodesk software installed (Product Name & Version) then you can copy their ProductInformation.pit file and paste it onto your machine.
  2. If the step from one is not the case, then you'll need to uninstall all of the Autodesk products and delete the directory (C:\ProgramData\Adlm) then reinstall the software.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 10
A_MAQ
in reply to: Darin.Green

So what  is the solution of this problem when  happened?

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Have you activated or can you try activating?  Or is this a network seat / Desktop Subscription?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
A_MAQ
in reply to: TravisNave

no i was not able to activate it because this appear before the software starts
-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

The above suggestion didn't help.  Also, the path specified is wrong. 

The proper path is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM

I've found this problem to be specific to a specific user profile when it happens.  It can be tested by logging to another local Windows profile and attempting to launch Revit 2016.

When I've encountered it, I've had to remove and recreate the user's Windows profile in order to get it to work.  I've tried copying all Revit settings files from another working profile to no avail. 

Since there no official solution from Autodesk for this, we'll have to assume this is the fix for some of us, and just hope it doesn't become a recurring problem on our hundreds of Windows machines.

We're using Flexnet licensing.  Approximately 250 workstations.

Message 7 of 10
A_MAQ
in reply to: Anonymous

for me it's solved by autodesk support
using remote session
-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

abd:  Do you remember what exactly was done to fix the problem?

Message 9 of 10
A_MAQ
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry i do not
-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 10 of 10
SoftwareAdmin

I just had this problem on a pc and it was not profile related but rather machine specific. I was able to resolve by finding a pc with the same applications installed. In this case AutoCAD 2016 and 2017 and Revit 2015, 2016, and 2017 and copied the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ProductInformation.pit file from the pc that worked to the broken pc.  This worked in my case but it appears there are different scenarios with different machines. Just an option you can try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report