Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install .NET Framework Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
TravisNave
152890 Views, 23 Replies

Install .NET Framework Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Problem:  When installing your Autodesk product, your installation fails and the resulting installation.log file on the summary screen (and your %TEMP% folder) shows the following error:

Install .NET Framework Runtime Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Reason:  It is possible that the .NET Framework preinstalled in some Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines is not the full installation and the update for the language pack cannot install if a previous version or newer version is already installed.  This is a very similar issue in the past with the Prerequisite 1603 failures for .NET Framework and Visual C++ Redistributables failing.  This guide acts as a supplement to that article.

Note:  There is not an English version of the Language pack for this program.  More information about this can be found at the following Microsoft resource:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3324

Work Around:  To best avoid this error on newer Autodesk installations, it is best if you first install the prerequisite first and then modify the setup.ini file in the installation source to ignore the failure of the language pack install. 

Step 1:  Copy the contents of your install media to your local hard drive.  If you have the downloaded version, then you already have completed this step.

Step 2:  Locate the file in the root source folder named Setup.ini and make a backup of this file.  Open the file in Notepad for editing. 

Step 3:  Perform a search to find the [DOTNET4LANG] located in this file.  Later versions may have newer language file prerequisites, such as [DOTNET45LANG], etc. 

Step 4:  Add the following line to the prerequisite grouping under the existing EXE_ settings:

IGNORE_FAILURE=YES 

Your resulting Prereq should look similar to this:

[DOTNET4LANG]
PRODUCT_NAME=.NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack
EXE_PATH=3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40LP_Full_x86_x64_%lang%.exe
EXE_PARAM=/q
EXE_LANGS=1036;1040;1031;1034;1046;1041;1042;2052;1028;1029;1038;1045;1049
IGNORE_FAILURE=YES
DISKCOST=3000000 VC_FUNC=DotnetLangPacksVerCheck VC_SOURCE=Setup\SetupUi.dll VC_PARAM=%lang%;4.0.30319

Step 5:  Save the file and run the installer. 

As always, make sure that you are installing with local Administrator Rights, UAC turned off, and anti-virus temporarily disabled. 

Attached is a copy of the Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (vanilla) setup.ini file that I have modified for this example.  Use this file only as a reference and not as your file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

In some instances, it may be best to remove the check for the prerequisite altogether.  For more information on how to modify the setup.ini file for this purpose, see my 2nd post for the Advanced Solution here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 24
TravisNave

I wanted to add David.Lau's post to this as a reference for similar failures on prerequisites.  This one tends to be a good registry fix.

Thanks David!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Installation-of-AutoCAD-stalls-at-the-Visual-C-...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 4 of 24
eliedolloff

You are my hero.

Message 5 of 24
TravisNave

Here is an Autodesk Chronicle video that I posted that provides a visual explanation of modifying the setup.ini. 

Autodesk Forums:
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 24
and-adsk001

You're really GREAT! )

Message 7 of 24
Dazzman

Is it just me or have these installation issues become more of an issues recently and if so why is it that the other major CAD package that we use manages to install itself without any problems simply because it runs a prerequisite pack before attempting to install the CAD side of the product!

Also having to edit ini files so not to install 360 even though you tell it in the deployment that you don’t want it and Recap edit the registry to get the correct service pack!

I know that they like to get the new shiny product out to the users so that they can see something for their money but really does anybody bother to test the basic deployment installation for getting it out to the end users?

Still it makes life interesting for us still employed to sort these problems out for our users although some think all we do all day is complain and play with the software.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 24
eshagh82

u R the BEST,

its the best way für win8 , in 2sec. finisch mit netframwork error !!.

Message 9 of 24
moises.alvarez

I try to do this, but when I change the INI file, appears a message saying that the comunication has failed. What am I doing wrong?

Message 10 of 24
grigora7_91

Thanks Man!!

Message 11 of 24
lavoh
in reply to: grigora7_91

sir i already edit the DOTLANG part but its the same it says failed to install some products.. pls help

Message 12 of 24
CharlesGoin

For anyone having the problem with the 2014 Building Suite or later versions.. I noticed the problem was when VB 2010 was installing and the INI already hadthe ignore_Faliure on a few of the things mentioned here. 

Were it wasnt was in teh 2010 part of the ini - I added the "Ignore_Failure=yes" in these two groups and it fixed it for me. 

#============= VCREDIST Begin ===============
#== Note about VCREDIST section names used:
#== The template uses a naming that matches the MSDN download name. It doesn’t use a version number.
#== For example, if you downloaded the package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&dis...
#== you would use [VCREDIST2008SP1X86] in the INI.

[VCREDIST2010SP1X86]
PLATFORM=ALL
PRODUCT_NAME=Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
EXE_PATH=3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010SP1\vcredist_x86.exe
EXE_PARAM=/q /norestart
VC_FUNC=VCx86RedisCheck
VC_SOURCE=Setup\SetupUi.dll
VC_PARAM={F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}
IGNORE_FAILURE=YES
ROLLBACKABLE=NO

[VCREDIST2010SP1X64]
PLATFORM=x64
PRODUCT_NAME=Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
EXE64_PATH=3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2010SP1\vcredist_x64.exe
EXE_PARAM=/q /norestart
VC_FUNC=VCx64RedisCheck
VC_SOURCE=Setup\SetupUi.dll
VC_PARAM={1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}
ROLLBACKABLE=NO
EXE_PATH=3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2010SP1\vcredist_x64.exe
IGNORE_FAILURE=YES

Message 13 of 24

I made the correction in the setup.ini and the error is occurring image, need help. Who can help me?

erroautodesk.png

Message 14 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: clauciaalves

@clauciaalves 

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 24
rob
Explorer

I'm looking for some help with resolving the installation issues with Revit 2015.  I was able to install Autocad 2015 with no problem.  The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables are failing with the Result=1603.  I've tried using the Autodesk Virtual Agent to be sure the installer wasn't the problem.  I've verified the administrator login has full access to the necessary directories to allow the installer to run.  I've added "IGNORE_FAILURE=YES" to the groups where the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables show up in the setup.ini, which didn't make a difference.   OS is Windows 8.1x64 12gb Ram. 

setup.ini and the Autodesk Revit 2015 Setup.log are attached.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 24
rob
Explorer
in reply to: rob

Posted too soon.  Problem solved.

Message 17 of 24
aksalaymeh

I followed all the above instruction but it did not work.
I found in installation log file that in prerequisite required .net 4.5 under ,quote "SETUP_PRODUCTDEPENDENCIES=".NET Framework Runtime 4.5" but I could not find the location of SETUP ((_PRODUCTDEPENDENCIES )) to delete that statement,PLEASE YOUR USUAL HELP IS APPRECIATED
Message 18 of 24
sbernardo

Thanks Travis,

It worked fine with my Autocad 2016 (student version).

After updating my OS with the new Windows 10 free upgrade some unexpected freezing has happened during the AutoCAD start procedures (I had the AutoCAD 2016 already installed before the Windows upgrade). After reading your post here I decided to uninstall the AutoCAD and download a new package from the Autodesk site by using the DOWNLOAD NOW option to have all the installation files im my HD. Then I edited the setup.ini file like your suggestion and after that I re-installed the AutoCAD. Fortunately I had NO more deploying problems and the AutoCAD 2016 is running fine under the Windows 10 OS. Your post is really helpful and people should try it until a new Windows 10 compatible version of the AutoCAD program is released by Autodesk. Thanks again.

Sergio

Message 19 of 24
marinaarzolla

Please, where can I find setup.ini? I don't think I understood what root source folder is..
Message 20 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: marinaarzolla

The setup.ini should be inside the first folder where setup.exe is.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report