Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Framework Cleanup Tool for Unhandled Exception Errors

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
TravisNave
157279 Views, 16 Replies

.NET Framework Cleanup Tool for Unhandled Exception Errors

Problem:  You launch your Autodesk product and receive an unhandled exception error similar to this error:

Unhandled e0434f4dh exception at 7c81eb33h

This problem is caused by .NET Framework not being installed properly, or another problematic issue within the .NET Framework system. 

Solution:  Most often, this can be resolved by reinstalling the appropriate .NET Framework prerequisite for your release.  Instructions can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13109351&linkID=9240617

However in many cases, it may be necessary to remove the .NET Framework installations completely with the use of the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. 

This .NET Framework cleanup tool is designed to automatically perform a set of steps to remove selected versions of the .NET Framework from a computer.  It will remove files, directories, registry keys and values and Windows Installer product registration information for the .NET Framework.  The tool is intended primarily to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you are encountering .NET Framework installation, uninstallation, repair or patching errors so that you can try to install again.

Before using this tool to remove any version of the .NET Framework from your system, please note:

• This tool is designed as a last resort for cases where install, uninstall, repair or patch installation did not succeed for unusual reasons.  It is not a substitute for the standard uninstall procedure. 

• This cleanup tool will delete shared files and registry keys used by other versions of the .NET Framework.  If you run the cleanup tool, you will need to perform a repair/re-install for all other versions of the .NET Framework that are on your computer or they will not work correctly afterwards.

The .NET Framework cleanup tool supports removing the following products:

•.NET Framework - All Versions
•.NET Framework 1.0
•.NET Framework 1.1
•.NET Framework 2.0
•.NET Framework 3.0
•.NET Framework 3.5
•.NET Framework 4

When choosing to remove any of the above versions of the .NET Framework, the cleanup tool will also remove any associated hotfixes and service packs.  You do not need to run any separate steps to remove the service pack(s) for a version of the .NET Framework.

nettool.JPG

Once your .NET Framework installations have been all cleared, you will need to reboot and then reinstall the latest .NET Framework prerequisites for your products.  You can find these installations on your Autodesk media or by downloading them from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/net/

I am attaching the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool here for your convenience.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

At the time of this post, the latest version of the .NET Cleanup Tool includes .NET Framework 4.0 and was released on January 17, 2011. 

You can always find the latest version of this tool here:

http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
yumij

I actually tried this.  I ran this, it cleaned up the files.  I tried to install again, got the same error.  Then I went to reinstall the files and got that error again!  I hope I didn't mess anything else up by runing that clean up on my machine.

Back to (0,0) again. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: yumij

Does your Control Panel > Programs show that .NET Framework is installed? 

You can always System Restore back to before you ran the utility.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 5 of 17
yumij

You know, it doesn't even show its installed.  But when I try to install it, it won't.  Yes - system restore, will do now.

Any other thoughts?

Message 6 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: yumij

Check to see if Windows Update will do it.  If your system came pre-installed with .NET 4.5 (like Win8 does) then you might be able to get around this by modifying your setup.ini file to exclude the prereq check for it.  If not, then you're gonna have a hard time getting this to work.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 17
facundo.cruz

I'd followed the .net cleanup tool, reinstalled .net Framwork V4 and now I'm up and running, really appreciated your help.

Message 8 of 17
giulianofln

Hi man. I'm having this problem with .NET Framework in Windows8. How can I modify the setup.ini file to exclude the prereq check?

Cheers!

Message 9 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: giulianofln

I believe I have that linked in my C++ thread.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 17
wbslnger2004

I cleaned out all the old .NET files and I still cannot open Maya 2014.

Still getting a error message

Message 11 of 17
TravisNave

I wanted to provide the updated Autodesk link from my original post.  The old support link is now invalid and has been replaced by this one:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 17
maryamamann

It's asking for windows update, and I cant do that because I do not have original windows 😕 What to do? please help 😕

Message 13 of 17

@maryamamann

Please only post in one area or create your own posting and fully describe what you are having issues with.  You have posted here as well and its a totally different issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 17

I was just looking for a solution to my problem. I'm sorry, I'll look for some other forum to get a solution.

Message 15 of 17

@maryamamann

I wasn't stating that you should go elsewhere..  I was just pointing out don't reply to different Autodesk posting with different issues.  Either reply once with all of your issues or create a new one.  It just makes it easier for us to support you and not provide you will different or misleading information since you are posting here and there.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 17

I tried with uninstalling .net via cleanup tool and reinstall again but the same issue appeared in screen .

Please resolve the same . 

Message 17 of 17
mdavis22569

@siddharthaP6GU4 this post is 10 years old.

There are other reasons for that error now.  You might want to start a new post with the ticket with the Software version and year... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report