Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download old versions of 3ds Max

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
blakestone
63112 Views, 33 Replies

Download old versions of 3ds Max

Is there anywhere on the Autodesk page which allows the 30-day trial of older versions of 3ds Max such as 2009, 2010 or 2011? I have to use a plugin which is only for these versions for a one off model conversion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymousi would look at the old 3ds max bibles by Kelly L. Murdock you get the demo on the back of the book cover if you buy it second hand then you mite not get the demo, if you gonna buy it new then your looking at about $50 USD.

If your looking for the full version then no, they have been discontinued, you mite check with an autodesk authorized dealer see if they have any.

i am doubting you just want a 30 day demo unless your new to 3ds max and you want to learn max,

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

Thanks for your response, but the exact reason I'm looking for the 2010 version is because I'm broke af. I can't afford $50, especially with the UK Pound dropping.

And 30 days would be useless, 'cause I want it for the settings of my webcomic to use it for backgrounds.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Message 23 of 34
irishman_team_kilber

@Anonymousif you cannot afford to upgrade your computer buy a $50 USD bible then how are you going to afford a £3500 piece of software like max unless you are gonna pay montly your looking at £228  GBP + £190 vat

You can probably get the student version that last for 3 years if your in college/uni. But you won't able to post online, sell or make profit from this unless you have the commercial version but you would still need to upgrade your computer.

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: blakestone

@Anonymous_team_kilber I am 15. I'm high school student.
All I want it for it's to make models of the settings in my webcomic to use as the panel sketches. I'm gonna be drawing over them anyway.
I'm only even here cause of a tumblr post.
Message 25 of 34
irishman_team_kilber

If your in school then i think you can download the student version for 3 years. just because you want it then you need to upgrade your computer,

If you have the right amount of specs on your computer then there would no problem, if you don't have windows 7 and upwards then all you need to do is upgrade that

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System...

If you cannot afford to upgrade windows then there is nothing else we can do for you, we gave you the advice

Message 26 of 34

@Anonymousyou could free download Gmax this is a lower version of 3ds max but you won't get all the upgraded features that are in todays versions this will work on Xp but as i said you cannot do anything that goes againist the T&C of autdoesk. you cannot post online sell or make profit

https://www.turbosquid.com/gmax before you downlaod it check the Minimum System Requirements see if your computer can handle it, if not then there is nothing else we can say

Best of luck to you

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

Thank you. I'll have to see if it works. Next stop, Vattenflöde!

Edit: nvm I don't fit the system requirements. Oh well.

Message 28 of 34
-niels-

Not Autodesk software, but also free and still available as 32 bit. XP is not listed as supported, but it might work anyway:

https://www.blender.org/

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

How do i find a student ersion of 3ds max 2012? the virtual agent has as early as 2013 but i need 2012 at the latest???

Message 30 of 34
irishman_team_kilber

@Anonymous there is no 2012 it's been discontinued, so you would need to have 2013 or above

Message 31 of 34
blakestone

We have purchased a license for "Autodesk 3ds Max 2015" which I need to download and install and the Virtual Agent link no longer works. Could you please provide the link to download this, I believe I just need the 30-Day Trial which I can enter our license details into?

Thanks,

Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous

So I need to download 3DS Max 2016 but its not in the downloads list anymore. Where could it be so I can download?

Message 33 of 34
irishman_team_kilber

once they have been discontined you cannot download them, you can buy the 3ds max 2016 bible which will have the 30 day trial on it but you would need to contact autodesk to see if they still do the serial keys and licenses which i doubt @TravisNave can you even tranfer a trial version into a full version still, i know about 3 years ago you could,

I'm not sure if the Kelly L. Murdock's Autodesk 3ds Max 2016 Complete Reference Guide comes with the dvd free i cannot find the 3ds max bible 2016 bible

https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-Murdocks-Autodesk-Complete-Reference/dp/1585039500/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?key...

Message 34 of 34

Current 2020 maintenance allows you to run back to 2015. So that's still
an option.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report