Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforced workspace folder override

Enforced workspace folder override

Currently when you enforce a client working folder the entire vault structure gets set to this folder.

With the addition of a separate PDF publish location i have found the need to set the folder where these pdf's are stored to a network location instead of a local user location.

Unfortunately when i try to change the working folder for these pdf's to the network location i get denied because of the enforced working folder.

afbeelding.png

My idea is:

Allow administrators to set enforced folder locations in addition to the enforced global working folder.

2 Comments
junyi_zhu
Autodesk
-niels-
Mentor

@junyi_zhu Sorry, forgot to link back to my original topic:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/pdf-publish-location-and-enforced-workspace/m-p/9790865#M...

The publish location is what's causing the issue as you can set it to an unenforced location.

So if i set the pdf publish location to "U:\PDF network location" but the working folder is forced to "C:\Local working folder" then i can't see the status of the pdf's in the Vault.

So if i could enforce a different location for this single PDF folder while keeping the rest to the globally enforced local working folder.

There might even be some merit for being able to set separate locations for library folders, design data, templates and such.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report