Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF publish location and enforced workspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
-niels-
607 Views, 4 Replies

PDF publish location and enforced workspace

I'm finally getting close to upgrading our Vault to 2021 and i'm testing the new PDF functionality.

We would like to have the pdf's in a single network location, accessible to everyone. (outside the local CAD workspace)

I've set up Vault to enforce a local workspace for the people working with Inventor, PDF's get created automatically on release in a separate folder at the root of the vault.

I've set the PDF publish location to a network folder:

afbeelding.png

Now, if i "get" the pdf's in the PDF folder they get downloaded to the set publish location, so that works.

But, because it isn't the working folder, i can't see if there is a local version.

So i tried changing the working folder for the PDF folder, but i get the following:

afbeelding.png

Is there any way to override the preset for a single folder?

This feels like a bit of an oversight, given that you can publish outside of a workspace location but not keep the working folder linked for synchronization.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: -niels-

Hello,

Actually the error dialog you see - is because of the 'Enforce consistent working folder for all clients' option set.

Please check the Vault help content :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/EN...

Map a Vault Folder to a Different Working Folder ::  "Note: While you can override the default working folder location, if the administrator is enforcing the location, it cannot be changed."

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 3 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: gandhey

@gandhey Thank you for your fast reply.

@gandhey wrote:

Actually the error dialog you see - is because of the 'Enforce consistent working folder for all clients' option set.

I know this, i said i did so near the beginning of my post.

What i'm asking is if i can change this for a single folder, while logged in as the administrator.

I wouldn't mind if it was only possible for the administrator account, i would just like a means to verify if the generated pdf's are up to date and available without having to perform a "get" on the entire folder just to make sure.

I know if i don't enforce the workspace i can choose different mappings, but i don't want the users to have this freedom and i only need to set it for this specific folder since it has the option for a different publish location.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: -niels-

Hello,

Sorry, as of now such override for a single folder is not supported when working folder is enforced.

Please submit an idea in the Vault ideastation.

Regards,

Yogeshwar

Message 5 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: gandhey

@gandhey Ok, thank you.

I've added this to the idea board, to everyone reading this: please add your vote here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/enforced-workspace-folder-override/idi-p/9791324

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report