Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token Flex and time out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
846 Views, 3 Replies

Token Flex and time out

So with the token flex plan, licenses are used on a 24 hr basis.

With that in mind, I know if a user leaves his Application open, and it crosses over that time frame reset point, it takes that days tokens. So my question is, if we have the application set to return the license by way of a time out option in the license file, I have to assume it does not grab those tokens while in hibernation mode, correct?

I ask because we tend to have a lot of users that do not close down their applications overnight, weekends and even some over their vacation.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@TravisNave   Thoughts on this?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Timeouts are not dependent on the machine being accessible. However if
there is 24-hour overlap, then they can be charged a token for another day
of use. I have some ideas if your reporting is showing this
double-charging but I'd have to take it offline. Can you PM me?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
PJKeeffe
in reply to: Anonymous

My understanding that there is no notification that the user is about to debited for the next 24hr period. I have suggested Autodesk  ( via support case) that they have a "opt in" interface so the user is aware of the charges before proceeding. This should apply when opening any application using flex tokens.  I was charged 16 tokens for CAM ultimate which was running in the background of Inventor. Only found it when I checked my usage approx 30mins after opening (my first time using flex so I wanted to see if I had been debited).

Despite my protests Autodesk have not credited my account.

"Caveat emptor"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report