Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student to Commercial licence

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
388 Views, 4 Replies

Student to Commercial licence

I'm a student at Teesside University due to graduate this month.
I have been working on a project (game) using the Student version of 3Ds Max.

My project has obviously been using assets, and animations produced in the student version. I will be upgrading to a commercial licence and continuing after graduation. If I choose to release my game commercially, is it okay to keep the assets and animations produced in the student version, or would I have to go and re-do them all? 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This question comes up often.  The license agreement states that you cannot use the educational version or any work created in the educational version for commercial work.  Therefore, when you get a commercial license, you need to redo the work created in the student version.  The file keeps track of what software it was created in, so if you do use the educational version in commercial production, then you can get a hefty audit, and nobody wants that. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Is there a way for me to pay to 'backdate' my licence to the first 3Ds max file created?
So I don't need to re-do all that work?

It's a good 900+ hours of work.

Message 4 of 5
sureshchotrani

Wellcome to the community:)

In this case Education community may help you. Kindly register a case there.

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

No, unfortunately there is not.  Your files are educational stamped.  Look at the bright side, you know how to do it better now so you can do it quicker and better quality!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report