Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap installation stuck

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1712 Views, 6 Replies

ReCap installation stuck

Dear AutoCAD forum users,

Let me introduce myself. I'm Jasper and using point clouds to concept model installations in existing ships.

I am a new user to the AutoCAD 3D suites but am eager to start working with this software. However, if i install AutoCAD plant ultimate 2015 suite it gets stuck on the ReCap program. I require this program to convert point clouds. 

What i tried so far:

Download Autodesk plant suite with Virtual agent. (Twice now to check for corruption)

Install (with administrator rights) with downloaded package (also twice)

Reinstalled complete package with uninstall help from the autocad forum( deleted all maps and autocad files + windows fixit tool)

I've managed to install the suite by deselecting the ReCap software. However in my case the whole suite is useless without said program. Is it a register problem or the point cloud software Scene conflict? Any help would be appreciated!

In the attachments a screenshot of install already run for 4 hours.

Sidenote: I couldn't download AutoCAD 2016 in the virtual agent. The error is seen in the second attachment.

Kind Regards,

Jasper

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello jasper.paulusma and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are stuck at the activation/installation step while attempting to download software, or are having problems with starting your software immediately after installing. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Communication Failure message during download and installation - Note that this article also provides alternate downloading and installation methods.

Application Manager Update stuck at installing

In order to manually activate your software (in cases where the activation appears stuck), please refer to Manually Activating Your Autodesk Software.

If the activation window is not displayed, others have resolved this by completely uninstalling and reinstalling their software. Please refer to How to Remove all Software from a Windows System for assistance.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

Regarding this part:

"It looks like you are stuck at the activation/installation step while attempting to download software, or are having problems with starting your software immediately after installing."

I'm not stuck in activation, Autoplant and all other software works. Also i already downloaded the installation from the Virtual Agent.
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

It's simply downloading the app.  It is not stuck.  Just wait it out.

Also, are you purposely installing ReCap?  If it is just part of your suite installation and you don't need it, you can always unselect it before installation.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Oke, I shall try to install it again and keep it on for a full day. Maybe it's our internet connection (12mbps). All other suite programs installed flawless within the hour. I need the ReCap software to process my point clouds so i definitely need it. I use the Pointsense plant plugin to use the ReCap processed point cloud in my Autoplant 3D program.

I'll get back if waiting fixed the problem.

Thanks for thinking with me!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

After another 8 hours of installing ReCap nothing happened. I looked at memory changes: none at all. I looked at network useage: none at all. It also doesn't use the processor. The status of the installation is: running. Does anyone have an idea what it could be?

In the attachments the picture of what the install looked like for 8 hours.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Oké i fixed it with a workaround. After the 8 hours installation i stopped the setup. Somehow ReCap was installed mostly. I was able to repair the installation and it worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report