Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical causing Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BrendaRichardson
725 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical causing Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service

A recent upgrade to AutoCAD Mechanical 2023 has created an unwanted side effect. When I am working in any drawing, my computer starts running hot, fans going all the time. From what I can tell, the source of this is Windows Defender Antivirus Service.  I have noticed that it will use up whatever available CPU is left, causing the computer to run very hot, and a little slower. 

I cannot simply turn off this service, as it's managed by the company. 

All drawings are created by me; hosted on either our network server, or in ProjectWise. 

I am looking for any solutions, any verification that this is an isse (as then, I may be able to make a case to have it disabled), or anything else anyone has to offer. 

~Brenda~
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

My guess is that it is probably working overtime on files that you are using over the network.  I would have your IT make an exception for your Autodesk products or the shared network location for where the drawings are stored.  

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Thanks! I tried a few other network folders and found that I was not having the same issue with drawings in those folders. I've chalked it up to something wrong in the creation of my specific network folder. I created a new one, copied everything over and I'm having no issues at this point.

Appreciate the comment; it certainly got the issue resolved!

~Brenda~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report