Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CAD 2016 in Windows 10

51 REPLIES 51
SOLVED
Message 1 of 52
Anonymous
79321 Views, 51 Replies

Auto CAD 2016 in Windows 10

Hello guys;
When I install the AutoCAD Electrical 2016 on my PC (Windows 10 Build 10041) i got this error:

1.JPG

Install AutoCAD Electrical 2016 Core Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

2.JPG

51 REPLIES 51
Message 21 of 52
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If it still errors for 4.5, you might have to remove it altogether from the setup.ini

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 52
Anonymous

Message 23 of 52
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave

I edit my setup.ini
But again, the error 4.5.
Message 24 of 52
Anonymous

@Anonymous

Auto CAD in this video is the 2015.
Message 25 of 52
nikoue

I have install aytodesk 2016 products in a test machine with windows 10 previw without any problem. As you can see from my attachment i have not .Net Framework 4.5 installes. It works just fine with .Net Framework 4.6

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Message 26 of 52
Anonymous
in reply to: nikoue

I also try to install autocad 2015 in a machine with windows 10 and i have the same problem. I will try to install .Net Framework 4.5 and i will try again.

Message 27 of 52
Anonymous

I cannot also install net framework 4.5 in my windows 10.

I also try to modify the ini file with no luck

Message 28 of 52
Alasdair1

After reading all the details about the installation of LT2016 on Windows 10 which does appear to have many problems. A question to Autodesk it is now 2015 and LT2016 has been out for a bit. Does any expert know when I can install Windows 10 and AutoCAD will run 100% whithout any of the problems refer to in this topic.

Message 29 of 52
Alasdair1
in reply to: Alasdair1

Be helpful if some kind person from Autodesk would comment. I have two desktops and two laptops I run AutoCAD LT 2015 on No 2 PC and AutoCAD LT 2016 on my main computer. I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It seems to work without any problems so far. I am now considering upgrading my PC No 1 which has AutoCAD LT 16. Do you think I will have problems with LT 2016 with Windows 10. I have a subscription account.

Message 30 of 52
Anonymous

For installing AutoCAD 2016 on Windows 10, pls change the registry key according to the link below. I can installed AutoCAD 2016 on Windows 10 successfully. Hope its helpfull.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/this-is-how-to-install-autocad-2015-to-wi...

Message 31 of 52
Cadguru42

@Anonymous wrote:

For installing AutoCAD 2016 on Windows 10, pls change the registry key according to the link below. I can installed AutoCAD 2016 on Windows 10 successfully. Hope its helpfull.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/this-is-how-to-install-autocad-2015-to-windows-10/td-p/5671933

I am attempting to install IDSP 2016 on Windows 10, but even after changing the registry to show .NET 4.5 instead of 4.6.00079 it gets hung up on the install of .NET Framework Runtime 3.5 SP1. The top progress bar shows it full, but then seems to stall. Task manager shows Setup.exe occasionally taking up the CPU, but then goes idle for a bit. It doesn't look like anything else is running to cause the setup to stall. It's been stuck like this for about 15 minutes, so I know something is wrong.

I haven't seen others with this issue, so I'm perplexed. 

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 32 of 52
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/this-is-how-to-install-autocad-2015-to-windows-10/td-p/5671933

I am attempting to install IDSP 2016 on Windows 10, but even after changing the registry to show .NET 4.5 instead of 4.6.00079 it gets hung up on the install of .NET Framework Runtime 3.5 SP1. The top progress bar shows it full, but then seems to stall. Task manager shows Setup.exe occasionally taking up the CPU, but then goes idle for a bit. It doesn't look like anything else is running to cause the setup to stall. It's been stuck like this for about 15 minutes, so I know something is wrong.

I haven't seen others with this issue, so I'm perplexed. 

I was able to get past the .NET 3.5 SP1 install issue by going to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx and installing .NET 3.5 that way. I ran the IDSP 2016 installer again and it's been installing so far. 

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 33 of 52
ampster40
in reply to: Alasdair1

"Be helpful if some kind person from Autodesk would comment." They have, look to the right of your posts and click on "Windows 10 Support" which has been there for some time now. Basically, you are on your own (with the help of other users here) but I doubt you're going to pull in a real A'desker to trouble shoot your issue. Good Luck.
Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster40

Has anyone tried running the install with Windows compatibility troubleshooter? Right click install file .exe > Compatibility (tab) > "Run compatiblity troubleshooter" I was able to install LT 2012 this way on a Windows 10 machine, seems to run fine. I was getting a .NET framework error during installation also.
Message 35 of 52
Anonymous

win10, я делал путем изменения regedit-изменяя разрешения HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4 (1033) вручную везде вбиваем 4.5 !!!

Message 36 of 52
Anonymous

Need help to install Autocad 2016 on Win10 

autocad.jpg

Message 37 of 52
ampster40

looks like you just joined and are asking for help installing on Win10. What have you done yourself, besides posting a screenshot, to attempt to solve this? Have you searched for anything relevant to what you are doing or perhaps used any info from that screenshot? Reference a link to the right of your post titled "Windows 10 Support" and then stick around for awhile and monitor all the posts about Autodesk products not working in Win10. Join the fun and share what you've tried, what works/ed and what doesn't - I'm sure others like yourself in this situation would like to know as well.
Message 38 of 52
Anonymous

regedit-изменяя разрешения HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4 (1033) вручную везде вбиваем 4.5
Message 39 of 52
ampster40

"regedit-изменяя разрешения HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4 (1033) вручную везде вбиваем 4.5" using translate.google.com states this reads as "regedit-Change resolution HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4 (1033) manually trying to drive everywhere 4.5" hth
Message 40 of 52
Anonymous

Hi there,

go to " Regedit " ,, and then go to

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client"

when u get the ownership of the "client" folder , change the key " version " to "4.5" and start installing,

when u finish installing , u can change this value back. 

If, when change you get this error;

"Cannot edit Version: Error witing the value's new contents."

with the following software Open your registry lock and try again.

when u finish installing , u can change this value back and lock again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report