Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit ACAD on 64 Win 10 system

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
324 Views, 5 Replies

64 bit ACAD on 64 Win 10 system

I just purchased ACAD 2017 and tried the 64 bit installation procedure, but after downloading and then starting the install process, a error message pops up stating that there are other files needed to install ACAD.  After reviewing several areas of installation help, I tried the 32/64 Installation option, which installed a downloader utility first, and it installed OK.

My question is, am I running 32bit or 64bit ACAD??

I'm running WIN 10(x64) system with ample resources - how can I tell what I have installed??

thanks,

Thom O

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

Look at which folder the program is loaded in,64-bit software will be installed in the Program Files folder,32-bit software will be installed in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
pendean

What was the exact wording of the error message? Where is your installation log file? Post it here.
What you posted has nothing to do with 32bit vs 64bit, it just meant your install was incomplete.

You should get your 64bit software for your 64bit OS with this method https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/software-downloads/previous-versi...
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Dean is right.  You cannot install the 32-bit version anyway because it will not let you.  Just go get the 64-bit version from the Virtual Agent as he suggested.  That should get you all the parts that you need. 

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions he provided here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/software-downloads/download-method...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for the reply - I checked the file structure and in the Program Files there is an Autodesk folder containing what appears to be all the operating files for R17. In the Program Files(x86) there is an Autodesk folder also, but it contains only a subfolder “Plugins”.

AutoCAD operates very well-opened files, edited, saved and started a new dwg-all ok. I think I got offtrack in trying to download the 64-bit option somehow. But when I selected the 32-64 option it worked, but I was not sure which one actually installed. Judging by your suggestion, it seems that the 64-bit did install.

Thanks,

Thom Overing
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Excellent!  Looks like you are all set then.  If you have any other issues, let us know!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report