Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 licence for one person?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
filip_denolf
370 Views, 10 Replies

2 licence for one person?

besides a main occupation as a designer at a company, I also want to independently design a new company.
can I then share 1 Advance steel license for both companies or do I have to have a license for each company?
1 paid by me and 1 paid by the firm of my main occupation.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mdavis22569
in reply to: filip_denolf

Do you own the first companies license? 

If no ... I would make sure you have the companies permission, so you're not in violation.

I'm thinking you may want a purchase a license for yourself. Hate to see you design something with your employer's software and they claim the rights to whatever you're designing. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
filip_denolf
in reply to: mdavis22569

The first companie licence has been paid by that companie, so... i don't own it.

I don't think i will have many problems to have the companies permission.

One other thing is that you can install the program 2 times.

I wil have a Companie 1 Cad station, a companie 2 cad station and a laptop.

So i will have 3 instalations.

is that in violation with the licence rules?

Message 4 of 11

@filip_denolf

Although I can't say for 100% sure this is a violation of the terms.  I would highly recommend that you subscribe to your own license if you're starting your own company.    This is a grey area and it could end up in some legal battle down the road..  So in the end why risk it, but we are just users here and have no legal standing with Autoesk.

But I will tag someone who may know..  @TravisNave can you weigh in on this matter.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

i would say no in this scenerio

if they are 2 separate companies they will need to be 2 separate licenses

its better if you buy a license that is registered in your name & not to a company

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 11
mdavis22569

No ...but if you notice all of us are saying they wouldn't risk it.....

I think the ONLY workaround / suggestion I have .... GET IT IN WRITING that you have permission to use the software.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

The LSA is clear that a company cannot sublet a license to another entity that it does not own.  Therefore, if you are doing freelance or other 3rd party work on your own that is separate from the company, you will need your own license.

Now... that being said, you can't exactly install two copies of the same software on one workstation.  If you intend on using your company's license for company work and the same program for non-company work, then you will want your own license.  Being that you cannot install said license, owning the seat will give you credibility in the event of an audit, should a license not belonging to you come up on scan. 

Ultimately, I would recommend 2 licenses on 2 workstations.  But having your ducks in a row will help prevent any legal trouble should something come of it.  Autodesk is in full audit mode right now.

Edit:  To clarify, if I were tasked with auditing you and found your company license that does not belong to you, it would come up on my report and I would ask you about it.  If you showed me you have a personal commercial license for that product that you own, but it has not been registered/activated yet, then to me, that would suffice.  The serial number to me is not as important as the actual asset license owned.  So long as you are not in violation in that sense, I would not submit for fine.  Hope that makes sense.  That being said, other auditors are not that nice and would fine you first and ask that you prove your innocence.  Keep that in mind.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 11
dgorsman

Aside from the license terms of use, I would recommend extreme caution with conflicts of interest.  Since you will be performing the same work for your own company as your employer there's the possibility you will have access to privileged information, contacts, or resources you wouldn't otherwise have access to if you were a fully independent third party.  For example, your company may be hired to submit a competing bid on the same work your employer is submitting for; you wouldn't be able to share any information and would likely have to disclose this to your employer so they can keep you properly isolated from their bid materials (and vice versa).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 11
filip_denolf
in reply to: dgorsman

thank you for clarifying this.
I will purchase a second license without any helpline after starting your own freelance business.

Message 10 of 11
filip_denolf

If i become a full time freelancer, can we transfer the 3 year licence from my work to my freelance business.

I'm the only designer in my compagnie, so its a waste not to use it.

Message 11 of 11

@filip_denolf

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/activate/transfer-licenses/transfer...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report