AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Message 1 of 5 (242 Views)

Underground Excavation Asbuild

242 Views, 4 Replies
02-12-2013 05:40 PM
I am creating an "asbuild" for an underground excavation. This drawing consists of a bunch of points shot in using a survey instrument. I would like to generate a solid using these points so I can calculate volumes. Any ideas would be appreciated. See attached drawing.
Distinguished Contributor
cadwomen
Message 2 of 5 (220 Views)

Betreff: Underground Excavation Asbuild

02-13-2013 01:07 AM in reply to: brandon.adolph

myby this helps

Sitetopo

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 3 of 5 (196 Views)

Re: Underground Excavation Asbuild

02-13-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: brandon.adolph

Very interesting challenge. 

If you can filter out shots of excavation of the tunnel, you can triangulate the points and get the model of it in 3d and maybe get the volume. What you have now are attribute blocks, therefore very difficult to get what you want.

Message 4 of 5 (151 Views)

Betreff: Underground Excavation Asbuild

02-13-2013 11:33 AM in reply to: cadwomen
Thank you for the reply. Could you tell me how much this software costs?
Message 5 of 5 (147 Views)

Underground Excavation Asbuild Part II

02-13-2013 11:57 AM in reply to: brandon.adolph

I am attempting to create an "asbuild" of an underground excavation. I would like to be able to generate a solid so I can determine the volume of excavated material. The procedure that I am currently using consists of: Import points, drawing 3D Polylines snapping to points, LOFT between rings of 3D Polylines, UNION all surfaces created using Loft command, use CONVTOMESH command to convert the surface to a Mesh, use MESHCAP to close both ends of the Mesh, use CREATESOLID command to generate a solid. I am trying to create a solid that is a better visual representation of the excavation. Any ideas would be appreciated. See attached drawing.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube