Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

116 REPLIES 116
SOLVED
Message 1 of 117
isaac_hedberg
9720 Views, 116 Replies

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

We have multiple computers running Revit 2019.1, where the recent files list (both home screen and file menu) are not updating the projects after applying the patch.  It worked great on 2019 prior to the .1 patch.  We don't use worksets on our projects, so this is not a central file vs. local file issue. 

Any ideas for fixes are appreciated!

Ike

Title edited for clarity by @Viveka_CD

116 REPLIES 116
Message 21 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ToanDN

Smiley Happy Just wanted you to confirm this on your end, because, from the data-set we've got from few other customers, there are problems with the revit.ini not updating and this corresponds to the recent list.

Your input will help us in troubleshooting further and schedule any code fix.

Thanks,

Message 22 of 117
ToanDN
in reply to: Viveka_CD

It looks correct.
Message 23 of 117
wobrien

Not sure how a screen-cast is going to help but here is my Revit.ini and the latest journal.txt. Opened a project that has not been opened since this reinstall of Revit and while the Revit.ini shows it was modified when I started the session, the project list does not update. Interestingly though the recent families has continued to update with no issue. Hope these help.

Edit: it appears an .ini cant be uploaded, i'll wait for the private folder link.

Message 24 of 117
Viveka_CD

Good to know @ToanDN 

@isaac_hedberg@ArmandD@wobrien

Please look forward to a private upload folder for each of you to upload your data-sets to investigate further.

The issue will get priority, if I have more information from your end. Let me know if you have trouble accessing these folders.

Thanks!

Message 25 of 117
wobrien

Here is a temporary solution that doesn't require a repair until Autodesk can resolve the file history bug. With Revit closed, go to your AppData folder (type %appdata% in start) and navigate to "*\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2019" and find the Revit.ini. Make a copy just in case. Open the file with a text editor and look for the heading "[Recent File List]" which is near the bottom. Delete all the lines WITHIN this heading (delete all lines labeled "File#=***" while leaving [Recent File List]) and save the file. When Revit starts up it will have cleared all the "stagnant" projects and you will have a clean slate until the inevitable bug happens again. You can even just try to clean up the file of old entries and it seems to start working again too. Mind you this is just a work-around and you are modifying some potentially important files to Revit so tread carefully. Hope this helps.

Message 26 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: wobrien

Hi @wobrien@isaac_hedberg, and @ArmandD

I've been discussing this issue with our Revit domain expert and he suggested the below:

• Please create a backup of your Revit ini (move to desktop)
  • Rename existing Revit.ini  to old 
  • Then launch Revit and see if there is a difference in the recent project list
  • Send me the results or let me know if the same issue persists.

Meanwhile, each of you should have received the upload folder link by now. I shared a readme.txt and a collector utility folder to extract your individual data-sets.

Please note that any information you've shared is private and will be deleted once the issue is resolved.

Also, take time to read this article: Revit - Collecting and sending diagnostic data to Autodesk Technical Support

Let me know when you've uploaded and if you have trouble accessing the folders. Unless I have the data-set I'll be unable to move forward with the investigation.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from each of you!

Regards,

Message 27 of 117
ArmandD

Viveka, I don't seem to have permission to upload to the folder that you shared on A360.
Message 28 of 117
wobrien
in reply to: ArmandD

I am in the same position as well. File is ready to go when I can upload.

Message 29 of 117
isaac_hedberg

I uploaded my current data.  Although, since doing the wipe & install on my machine, it's currently working correctly... so not sure how helpful the data is.  I will monitor the home/recents list and if it stops updating, I'll re-upload the files and post.

Thank you @Viveka_CD

Message 30 of 117
Viveka_CD

@ArmandD and @wobrien

I've changed access settings - let me know if you can upload now.

Regards,

Message 31 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: isaac_hedberg

Hi @isaac_hedberg

I didn't see your data in the folder. Can you please try uploading again?

Thanks,

Message 32 of 117
ArmandD

I just uploaded it.
Message 33 of 117
wobrien

Adding to some more observed behaviors. Already throughout the day I have accessed more than enough files to fill the project list and it still seems to be updating after I purged my Revit.ini file of recent accessed files. Interestingly though, the Sample Architecture Project keeps infiltrating my list taking the last project and replacing it. If I open up a project not on the list the sample project gets replaced but will come back once I exit Revit. It almost seems like Revit is loosing the path to random files in the project browser so it just replaces it with the sample ones until the list breaks. Just throwing that out there; i'll run another Collector file and upload it as well if it is of any use.

Message 34 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: wobrien

Thanks @wobrien

Appreciate your response and getting back to us with the details!

Regards,

Message 35 of 117
isaac_hedberg

I tried, but it was already there... so it didn't do anything.Upload.JPG

Message 36 of 117
Viveka_CD

Hi @isaac_hedberg

Thanks for sending us the details.

I will follow up with an update.

Regards,

Message 37 of 117
Viveka_CD

Hi @isaac_hedberg@wobrien@ArmandD

There was a recommendation to try and disable add-ins and see if this helps resolve your issue.

See thread: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-ini-error-message-amp-reset/td-p/72236...

@ArmandD Escape plugin was spotted in your video, please disable that and see if this resolves the issue.

The add-ins prevent updating the Revit.ini

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Message 38 of 117
ArmandD

I disabled the Enscape addin and that did not solve the problem. No change. In fact, I am the only one in my office with that addin but the recent files issue is affecting all computers in the office (even those without the addin).
Message 39 of 117
Viveka_CD

@ArmandD

Thanks for confirming!  I'm taking a look at your addins list in your journal -

Can you disbale all the addins and see if this helps resolve your issue?

Regards,

Message 40 of 117
Viveka_CD

Hi @ArmandD@isaac_hedberg@wobrien

A couple of questions:

• Please let us know how you map your server folders?
  • Can you confirm if this only happens when open from a network share?
  • Some of you files names have annotations, spaces and symbols, please rename and check the updated list.
  • Are some of the recent files upgraded from a previous version?

Another rcommendation to try is as follows:

If you copy the file to C: and open and close it, will Revit remembers it? Check recent file list if updated correctly.

Let us know the results.

Thanks for your patience while this is in progress!

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators