Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

116 REPLIES 116
SOLVED
Message 1 of 117
isaac_hedberg
9992 Views, 116 Replies

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

We have multiple computers running Revit 2019.1, where the recent files list (both home screen and file menu) are not updating the projects after applying the patch.  It worked great on 2019 prior to the .1 patch.  We don't use worksets on our projects, so this is not a central file vs. local file issue. 

Any ideas for fixes are appreciated!

Ike

Title edited for clarity by @Viveka_CD

116 REPLIES 116
Message 2 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: isaac_hedberg

Hi @isaac_hedberg

With the update Revit 2019.1, on the Revit Home, local copies are now hidden, and only central models show up on the recent files page, making your view more streamlined and easier to navigate. 

See this blog for more details

Let me know if this helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Likes welcome!

Regards,

Message 3 of 117
isaac_hedberg
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Thanks, Viveka.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help. 

As I stated in my original post, we aren't using central files.  None of our projects use worksets, so there are no central or local files.  It also isn't updating the file menu with recent projects, so it's not just a home screen issue.  There are old projects showing on the home screen & file menu, it just is not updating correctly with recent projects.

Message 4 of 117
Viveka_CD

@isaac_hedberg 

I see what you are saying.

I've seen this when the Revit UI is renamed. Can you check if anyone changed this?

Is this for multiple users/ specific machines?

Which version of windows are you using? Any windows updates recently?

Meanwhile, can you try a repair of Revit? 

Let me check back with the team for more information if anyone has encountered something similar.

Regards,

Message 5 of 117
ToanDN

Non-worksharing files list updated properly on my Home screen.

Message 6 of 117
isaac_hedberg

Okay, thank you!
It is happening on two machines/users for sure.  The rest of our people are slowly making the transition from 2018.3, so I don't know about other machines yet.

All of our machines are running Windows 10 Pro.  Mine is build 17134.285  I'm not sure about recent windows updates, the issue started immediately following the Revit patch install though.

I just did a repair of the .1 patch & it doesn't seem to have changed anything.  I tried running a repair of 2019 and it error-ed. 

Message 7 of 117
Anonymous

for me is working ok, the thing is thatt I can not get used to the new splash intro.

Message 8 of 117
wobrien

This has been happening to our firm as well (all machines Windows 10). A quick "repair" of Revit by running the setup resolves it for a week or so then the problem re-emerges again. The only thing that I think triggers it (from what I have observed) is when the "Models" list grows to 12 items on the splash screen, it seems to reset to 8 items and never updates again (3 of which are the sample projects). The recent document list from the "file drop-down" also stops updating. All our files are hosted on a local file server (pathed to a drive letter) so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Additionally the majority of our projects are non-central models. Hope to get this fixed soon as the recent files is an indispensable tool when bouncing between projects throughout the day. 

Message 9 of 117
ArmandD
in reply to: wobrien

We are having the same problems at my company.  We do  not use work shared files for most of our projects.  None of my most recent projects show up in the list or on the Revit File menu recent list.  All of our workstations are running Windows 10 Pro with the latest patches.

Message 10 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ArmandD

@ArmandD

Please share screenshots comparing versions and recent project list difference, so that I can share this with the team for further feedback.

Regards,

Message 11 of 117
wobrien

Here was a screenshot of the recent files splash screen and the file drop down. The last repair on Revit was done a week ago and I have accessed quite a few other projects since then. The project labeled "18074" I have been in and out of through the week while the "17096" it has been a week since any work was done. I have been accessing other projects as well and none of those show up in either recent window, which is frustrating. I have loaded these projects both through the windows file browser and from within Revit with no change. What is bizarre is the list truncates at 12 and only shows 8 which the projects left shown have no rhyme or reason from what I can tell (most recent vs last access).  I'll be happy to provide any additional information I can to see this resolved. Thanks for your time.

Message 12 of 117
ArmandD

It will do no good to provide screenshots from previous versions of Revit since they still have the old 'Recent Files' (that works correctly).  Here are two screenshots from Revit 2019.1.  One shows the new 'Home' page.  The files (projects) that I have been working on all day are not even in the list.  The other screenshot is from the 'File' menu and it also does not have the files I have been working on today.

Kind of hard to prove it with a screenshot so I attached a movie also...

One think I forgot to do in the movie is to click on "Recent Files" on the 'Home' page.  Not sure what, if anything that is supposed to do, but on our machines it doesn't do anything.

Message 13 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ArmandD

Thank you @ArmandD and @wobrien I've shared the screenshots with the team for more feedback.

Regards,

Message 14 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: wobrien

Hi @wobrien

Can you share a screencast as well, a recent journal and some steps so that we can reproduce the issue?

I tried this on my machine and the local project list updates correctly, on both home screen and file open menu.

Can you check if your Revit ini stops updating? Please see Recent File List Settings in Revit.ini

Let me know if you have questions on this.

Regards,

Message 15 of 117
Viveka_CD

@isaac_hedberg can you also share the required screenshots, steps, and data-set like the other two users?

This will help in diagnosis.

Thanks!

Message 16 of 117
isaac_hedberg

I will provide them, but it might take a couple of days for me to open enough projects to fill the recent files list first.  I uninstalled & reinstalled (cleaning up files in-between) yesterday, because I couldn't do the requested Repair of Revit.  The installer failed on me during the repair.  So far the 4 projects I've opened since reinstalling work correctly on both the home screen and recent files list.  

I'm also unclear on how to "prove" that files we open aren't showing up on the lists with a screenshot.  Hopefully the .ini file will be helpful.
We did a repair on the other machine in our office with the exact same symptoms.  So far it has been updating yesterday and today, but again the project list isn't full yet.

Message 17 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

@ToanDN Can you please confirm if your Revit.ini is updating correctly?

Thanks,

Message 18 of 117
ToanDN

@Viveka_CD wrote:

@ToanDN wrote:

@ToanDN Can you please confirm if your Revit.ini is updating correctly?

Thanks,

Sorry but why?

Message 19 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN

Let me clarify - to  check Recent File List Settings in Revit.ini

This corresponds to the recent file list.

Regards,

Message 20 of 117
ToanDN

Sorry but why do you ask me to do it?  I didn't ask any questions or raise any concerns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report