Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic batch pdf from assembly

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Skanda_UNI
6081 Views, 28 Replies

ilogic batch pdf from assembly

Hello!

I use this piece of code:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.de/2012/11/ilogic-batch-output-pdfs-from-assembly.html

Which works but the thing is; there are components of the code that are not integrated in ilogic since version 2018.

like the red marked sections below. (Or difference in ilogic and VBA thingy.)

If PDFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDataMedium, oContext, oOptions) Then

'oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black") = 0

oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights") = 1

oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution") = 400

oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range") = Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintAllSheets

'oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet") = 2

'oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet") = 4

End If

So i deleted this parts and the pdf creation works well.

it creates the files in the correct folders and so on. but then there is this error:

System.NullReferenceException: Ungültiger Zeiger (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack)
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
bei LmiRuleScript.Main()
bei Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)
bei iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule)

i guess this error has the same root.

Actually i wonder why the rule is perfectly working, except this error message.

Can anyone tell me which lines i have to delete to get rid of the message?

i looked that up, but the answers here are already included in my code: (callPDFAddin and so on)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/inventor-2018-ilogic-error/td-p/7073741

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-fail/td-p/6972701

My code looks like this now:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'define the active document as an assembly file
Dim oAsmDoc As AssemblyDocument
oAsmDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
oAsmName = Left(oAsmDoc.DisplayName, Len(oAsmDoc.DisplayName) -4)

'check that the active document is an assembly file
If ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.DocumentType <> kAssemblyDocumentObject Then
MessageBox.Show("Please run this rule from the assembly file.", "iLogic")
Exit Sub
End If

'get user input
RUsure = MessageBox.Show ( _
"This will create a PDF file for all of the asembly components that have drawings files." _
& vbLf & "This rule expects that the drawing file shares the same name and location as the component." _
& vbLf & " " _
& vbLf & "Are you sure you want to create PDF Drawings for all of the assembly components?" _
& vbLf & "This could take a while.", "iLogic  - Batch Output PDFs ",MessageBoxButtons.YesNo)

If RUsure = vbNo Then
Return
Else
End If

'- - - - - - - - - - - - -PDF setup - - - - - - - - - - - -
oPath = ThisDoc.Path
PDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")
oContext = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext
oContext.Type = IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism
oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap
oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium

oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black") = 1
oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights") = 0
oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range") = Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintAllSheets
oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet") = 1
oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet") = 1

'get PDF target folder path
oFolder = oPath & "\" & oAsmName & " PDF Files"

'Check for the PDF folder and create it if it does not exist
If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(oFolder) Then
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(oFolder)
End If
'- - - - - - - - - - - - -

'- - - - - - - - - - - - -Component Drawings - - - - - - - - - - - -'look at the files referenced by the assembly
Dim oRefDocs As DocumentsEnumerator
oRefDocs = oAsmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments
Dim oRefDoc As Document

'work the the drawing files for the referenced models'this expects that the model has a drawing of the same path and name
For Each oRefDoc In oRefDocs
idwPathName = Left(oRefDoc.FullDocumentName, Len(oRefDoc.FullDocumentName) - 3) & "idw"
'check to see that the model has a drawing of the same path and name
If(System.IO.File.Exists(idwPathName)) Then
                        Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
                oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(idwPathName, True)
            oFileName = Left(oRefDoc.DisplayName, Len(oRefDoc.DisplayName) -3)

On Error Resume Next ' if PDF exists and is open or read only, resume next
                 'Set the PDF target file name
                oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & oFileName & "pdf"
                'Write out the PDF
                Call PDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDrawDoc, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)
            'close the file
                oDrawDoc.Close
Else
'If the model has no drawing of the same path and name - do nothing
End If
Next

'- - - - - - - - - - - - -Top Level Drawing - - - - - - - - - - - -
oAsmDrawing = ThisDoc.ChangeExtension(".idw")
oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(oAsmDrawing, True)
oAsmDrawingName = Left(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName, Len(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName) -3)
'write out the PDF for the Top Level Assembly Drawing file
On Error Resume Next ' if PDF exists and is open or read only, resume next
 'Set the PDF target file name
oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & oAsmDrawingName & "pdf"
'Write out the PDF
Call PDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oAsmDrawingDoc, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)
'Close the top level drawing
oAsmDrawingDoc.Close

MessageBox.Show("New Files Created in: " & vbLf & oFolder, "iLogic")
'open the folder where the new ffiles are saved
Shell("explorer.exe " & oFolder,vbNormalFocus)

Thank you very much.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
Skanda_UNI
in reply to: Skanda_UNI

Hello!

i tried a few things and looked up a view solutions 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/inventor-2018-ilogic-error/td-p/7073741

implemented - not working

https://www.aplicit.com/erreur-ilogic-exception/

implemented - not working

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/32072/invalid-pointer-exception-from-hre...

here it says i can fix this by repairing the visual studio installation (???)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-made-pdf-w-rev/td-p/7154650

implemented that, but it did not work out

It all says that the problem is in the PDFAddIn section. And as the error message appears when the top level drawing is opened i assume that the problem is there. For me it just trial and error.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

oAsmDrawing = ThisDoc.ChangeExtension(".idw")
oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(oAsmDrawing, True)
oAsmDrawingName = Left(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName, Len(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName) -4)
'write out the PDF for the Top Level Assembly Drawing file' if PDF exists and is open or read only, resume next
 'Set the PDF target file name'oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & oAsmDrawingName & ".pdf"
oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & oAsmDrawingName & "_v" & Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Format(oAsmDrawingDoc.FileSaveCounter,"00#") & ".pdf"
'Write out the PDF'PDFAddIn = ThisApplication.Documents.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")'PDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")
PDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)
'Close the top level drawing
oAsmDrawingDoc.Close

unfortunately i guess my programming skills are not sufficient to solve this problem.

Maybe you could give me hint, what to do.

thank you

Message 3 of 29

Hi steven.luthra,

I glanced at this and your similar/duplicate thread on this topic yesterday, and asked the moderator to move them both to the Inventor Customization forum (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120 ), since these are API related questions. That's where I would post programming questions in the future.

I don't have Inventor 2018 on this machine so I can't take a look at this issue for you, but I'll ask the moderator to move these posts over to the other forum again, so that they have the correct audience.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 29
MechMachineMan

Proper variable declaration of variables goes a long ways.

Sub Main()

Exit Sub
	End If

'get user input
	If MessageBox.Show ( _
		"This will create a PDF file for all of the asembly components that have drawings files." _
		& vbLf & "This rule expects that the drawing file shares the same name and location as the component." _
		& vbLf & " " _
		& vbLf & "Are you sure you want to create PDF Drawings for all of the assembly components?" _
		& vbLf & "This could take a while.", "iLogic  - Batch Output PDFs ",MessageBoxButtons.YesNo) = vbNo Then

Exit Sub
	End If

Dim PDFAddIn As TranslatorAddIn
Dim oContext As TranslationContext Dim oOptions As NameValueMap Dim oDataMedium As DataMedium
Call ConfigurePDFAddinSettings(PDFAddIn, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium) oPath = ThisDoc.Path oFolder = oPath & "\" & oAsmName & " PDF Files" If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(oFolder) Then System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(oFolder) End If '- - - - - - - - - - - - -Component Drawings - - - - - - - - - - - -'look at the files referenced by the assembly Dim oRefDoc As Document For Each oRefDoc In oRefDocs = oAsmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments idwPathName = Left(oRefDoc.FullDocumentName, Len(oRefDoc.FullDocumentNaMe) - 3) & "idw" If(System.IO.File.Exists(idwPathName)) Then Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(idwPathName, True) oFileName = Left(oRefDoc.DisplayName, Len(oRefDoc.DisplayName) -3) On Error Resume Next oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & oFileName & "pdf" Call PDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDrawDoc, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium) oDrawDoc.Close On Error Goto 0 End If Next '- - - - - - - - - - - - - '- - - - - - - - - - - - -Top Level Drawing - - - - - - - - - - - - Dim oAsmDrawingDoc As DrawingDocument oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(ThisDoc.ChangeExtension(".idw"), True) oAsmDrawingName = Left(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName, Len(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName) -3) On Error Resume Next oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & oAsmDrawingName & "pdf" Call PDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oAsmDrawingDoc, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium) oAsmDrawingDoc.Close MessageBox.Show("New Files Created in: " & vbLf & oFolder, "iLogic") Shell("explorer.exe " & oFolder,vbNormalFocus) End Sub Sub ConfigurePDFAddinSettings(ByRef PDFAddIn As TranslatorAddIn, ByRef oContext As TranslationContext, ByRef oOptions As NameValueMap, ByRef oDataMedium As DataMedium) oPath = ThisDoc.Path PDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}") oContext = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext oContext.Type = IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black") = 1 oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights") = 0 oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution") = 400 oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range") = Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintAllSheets oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet") = 1 oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet") = 1 oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium End Sub

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 5 of 29
Skanda_UNI
in reply to: MechMachineMan

@Curtis_Waguespack thank you for your reply. I hope the topic can be moved. Next time i will post the topic in the correct section.

@MechMachineMan: Thank you for your answer. I tried your piece of code but it generates an error as follows.

As there is something in german i try to translate what it says:

System.InvalidCastException: Der Operator = ist für 'Nothing' und Typ DocumentsEnumerator nicht definiert.

System.InvalidCastException: The operator = is for 'Nothing' and Type DocumentsEnumerator not defined. (hope this makes sense)

bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.InvokeObjectUserDefinedOperator(UserDefinedOperator Op, Object[] Arguments)
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.InvokeUserDefinedOperator(UserDefinedOperator Op, Object[] Arguments)
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.CompareObjectEqual(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare)
bei LmiRuleScript.Main()

i looked it up and found this:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26544012/System-InvalidCastException-Operator-'-'-is-not-...

and this

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?541720-RESOLVED-2005-Error-Operator-is-not-defined-for-type-D...

so i assume it is in the For-loop. I tried to exchange the section of your code with the section of my previous one, but this did not work out.

Unfortunately it doesnt say which line the problem is. and how can the "="-Operator not be defined?

Thank you for your answer.

Message 6 of 29
MechMachineMan

Yeah; there was one bug in the code.

Sub Main()

Exit Sub
	End If

'get user input
	If MessageBox.Show ( _
		& vbLf & " " _
		& vbLf & "This could take a while.", "iLogic  - Batch Output PDFs ",MessageBoxButtons.YesNo) = vbNo Then

Exit Sub
	End If

Dim oContext As TranslationContext
	Dim oOptions As NameValueMap
	Dim oDataMedium As DataMedium

Call ConfigurePDFAddinSettings(PDFAddIn, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)

oPath = ThisDoc.Path

End If

'- - - - - - - - - - - - -Component Drawings - - - - - - - - - - - -'look at the files referenced by the assembly
	Dim oRefDoc As Document

'	For Each oRefDoc In oRefDocs = oAsmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments
	For Each oRefDoc In oAsmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments
		idwPathName = Left(oRefDoc.FullDocumentName, Len(oRefDoc.FullDocumentNaMe) - 3) & "idw"

On Error Resume Next
				oDrawDoc.Close
			On Error Goto 0
		End If
	Next

Dim oAsmDrawingDoc As DrawingDocument
	oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(ThisDoc.ChangeExtension(".idw"), True)
	oAsmDrawingName = Left(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName, Len(oAsmDrawingDoc.DisplayName) -3)

On Error Resume Next
		oAsmDrawingDoc.Close

MessageBox.Show("New Files Created in: " & vbLf & oFolder, "iLogic")
	Shell("explorer.exe " & oFolder,vbNormalFocus)
End Sub

Sub ConfigurePDFAddinSettings(ByRef PDFAddIn As TranslatorAddIn, ByRef oContext As TranslationContext, ByRef oOptions As NameValueMap, ByRef oDataMedium As DataMedium)

oPath = ThisDoc.Path
	PDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")

End Sub

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 7 of 29
Skanda_UNI

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous

Hello, first one, thank you

i tried your latest code a i have this error

Erreur de règle: Règle0, dans le document 17005AFZM001Z0-001.iam

Paramètre incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

System.ArgumentException: Paramètre incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

à System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)

à Inventor.Documents.Open(String FullDocumentName, Boolean OpenVisible)

à LmiRuleScript.Main()

à Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)

à iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule)

Message 9 of 29
Rob67ert
in reply to: Anonymous

Run it form the assembly file (.iam)
Not from the drawing
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 10 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Rob67ert

Thank you for your reply

i run it in assembly file, it make PDF files and after the last PDF create, it make this error (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Yannick

Message 11 of 29
ThomasB44

Hi @Anonymous

When you say "after the last PDF created", do you mean that the PDF from the top level drawing was created ?

The error you have is : "Inventor.Documents.Open(String FullDocumentName, Boolean OpenVisible)"

So the problem IMO is this line : ( - - - - after Top level drawing - - - - )

oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(ThisDoc.ChangeExtension(".idw"), True)

Which could run this issue :

• if the drawing does not exist at the same path than the assembly
  • if the drawing name is not the same than the assembly
  • if the drawing extension is not *.idw

Please check this Smiley Wink

You can also try to modify the code like this to avoid the error :

oAsmDrawingDocName = ThisDoc.PathAndFileName(False) & ".idw"
	If(System.IO.File.Exists(oAsmDrawingDocName)) Then
		'oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(ThisDoc.ChangeExtension(".idw"), True)
		oAsmDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(oAsmDrawingDocName, True)
		On Error Resume Next
			oAsmDrawingDoc.Close
	End If

Thomas
Mechanical Designer / Inventor Professionnal 2025
Inventor Professional EESignature

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: ThomasB44

Hi @ThomasB44

Thank you very much 🙂

it work fine !!!

here is the modified code that works for me

Sub Main()

Exit Sub
    End If

'get user input
    If MessageBox.Show ( _
        & vbLf & " " _

Exit Sub
    End If

Dim oContext As TranslationContext
    Dim oOptions As NameValueMap
    Dim oDataMedium As DataMedium

Call ConfigurePDFAddinSettings(PDFAddIn, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)

oPath = ThisDoc.Path

End If

Dim oRefDoc As Document

'    For Each oRefDoc In oRefDocs = oAsmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments
        idwPathName = Left(oRefDoc.FullDocumentName, Len(oRefDoc.FullDocumentNaMe) - 3) & "idw"

On Error Resume Next
                oDrawDoc.Close
            On Error Goto 0
        End If
    Next

oAsmDrawingDocName = ThisDoc.PathAndFileName(False) & ".idw"

If(System.IO.File.Exists(oAsmDrawingDocName)) Then

On Error Resume Next 
        oAsmDrawingDoc.Close 
    End If 

End Sub

Sub ConfigurePDFAddinSettings(ByRef PDFAddIn As TranslatorAddIn, ByRef oContext As TranslationContext, ByRef oOptions As NameValueMap, ByRef oDataMedium As DataMedium)

oPath = ThisDoc.Path

End Sub

Message 13 of 29
ThomasB44

These 2 lines do the same thing :

Just choose one Smiley Wink

Thomas

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: ThomasB44

Thank you, corrected

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous

Hey,

The batch PDF from an assembly is not working anymore.

Have you the same problem?

Erik

Message 16 of 29
Skanda_UNI

Same here i get this error message:

I guess they have changed some coding or got rid of certain codes.

Can anyone help. 

How can I switch of the accepted solution, this is not valid anymore.

Here is my error message:

Fehler in Regel: PDF_Batch_Export in Dokument: 10010104_Motor-Komplett.idw

Das COM-Objekt des Typs "System.__ComObject" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "Inventor.AssemblyDocument" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{29F0D465-C114-11D2-B77F-0060B0F159EF}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

System.InvalidCastException: Das COM-Objekt des Typs "System.__ComObject" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "Inventor.AssemblyDocument" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{29F0D465-C114-11D2-B77F-0060B0F159EF}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
bei LmiRuleScript.Main()

I guess the problem is the AssemblyDocument but i dont know how to fix this.

Message 17 of 29
MechMachineMan

I don't think so. I tried running it in 2018.2 and got no compiler errors or issues came up aside from the fact I ran it from a blank which caused an error. It makes me think it it is dataset specific.

Also, you can't "Unmark" things as a solution. It is helpful to add relevant questions to the same thread, but if you get no responses, it doesn't hurt to start a new thread.

What I would do in your case is try to manually debug it and isolate what line the error occurs at. It my signature (below this text) is a link on how to "manually debug" in iLogic. Report back when you've done that.

Justin K

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous

Dim oRefDoc As Document

'	For Each oRefDoc In oRefDocs = oAsmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments

On Error Resume Next
				oDrawDoc.Close
			On Error Goto 0
		End If
	Next

oDrawDoc.close in this part of the code, does it mean that all idw will close after pdf cration ?
Message 19 of 29
ThomasB44

Hi @Anonymous

You're right.

Inside the For each / Next, the code open each drawing and then close it, one by one.

This line open the document :

And this line close it :

oDrawDoc.Close

Thomas

Message 20 of 29
Anonymous

That pdf creation code working well, it open all idw that is good to read files input changes, but is it possible to add something to close idw file after pdf craetion 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report