Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse the Flash Drive Media

67 REPLIES 67
SOLVED
Message 1 of 68
sbrusco
47293 Views, 67 Replies

Reuse the Flash Drive Media

Hi All,

I generally keep the media for the previous release when the new release comes, and destroy the media for the release two releases old. I now find it hard to destrop the flash drives PDS and BDS come on, just because i would like to reuse them. I understand they are write protected and for good reason but it would break my heart if i had to take a hammer to them just to protect my company's EULA with Autodesk.

Is there any way to remove the write protection so i can make use of this otherwise useful tool?

TIA

Sal

67 REPLIES 67
Message 61 of 68
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Not Working. Please share format tool  download link again.

Message 62 of 68
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I was having issues with the Phison MPALL versions from https://www.usbdev.ru/files/phison/mpall/ not recognising my USB unless it was plugged into a USB 2.0 slot from this other comments on changing settings only lead the start button to do nothing. I had also attempted rexinfo and usbflashtool210 which were no help. I put this down to the flash drives 2251-03 being too new for the software. I was able to resolve and completely remove the write protesction on the newer flash drives by using Phison format & Restore from https://www.usbdev.ru/files/phison/phisonrestore/ by selecting restore option after ensuring the drive was selected in the format option. Hope this helps

Message 63 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Which release year of the usb were you successful with?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 64 of 68
Anonymous
in reply to: sbrusco

UPDATE: I have found a way to format the drive and a way to remove write protection for a short period. 

I did this as other methods and utilities have not worked or even recognised my 2016 drive. I used Phison Format & utility v26 to restore the drive and format and then needed to use v21 to restore further in removing write protection. This worked initially until i removed the pen drive which restored write protection. I have tried other version of Restore and some UP tools also but nothing seems to work in keeping write protection disabled. 

Message 65 of 68
SebasP_2188
in reply to: sbrusco

hey guys, i find the way for format the usb stick of autodesk building suite premium 2015 with MPALL v3.63.0C-DL17 
step1: use GetInfo.exe for get info of usb stick. you need the information contained in the VID and PID box.
Step2: use MPALL_F1_7F00_DL17_v363_0C.exe
setting - basic setting/new setting - set controler at PS2251-60/90 - Unchek Auto detect box and in the VID box, write the same thing you have in the getinfo. do same for PID. Save, close window. 
now just click update and after press start. 

here we go! hope work for you. 

Message 66 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: SebasP_2188

@SebasP_2188 wrote:

hey guys, i find the way for format the usb stick of autodesk building suite premium 2015 with MPALL v3.63.0C-DL17  

Yes, we already have the working solution for 2015 sticks.  If you or anyone else finds a working solution for USB3.0 sticks for 2016+ then please let us know.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 67 of 68
bshbsh

I just found a bunch of these old sticks and thought I'd use them for something. All went fine for all the sticks, except for a single one, PDSP 2015. It is, as all the others, seem to be 2251-03, but when plugging it in, I get red error message on MPall, saying something about Error ID 0002, and it won't work with it. Any ideas maybe?

Message 68 of 68
jverdet

Hello, I have some issues with your solution.

I do exactly with a 2015 key (Physon PS2251-03) but when I click on Start, nothing happens.

The usb flahs drive is detected and display in RED in MPALL

Physon.png

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report