Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between student license and standard license ???

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
advocatenaveen66
63788 Views, 8 Replies

What is the difference between student license and standard license ???

Is there any limitation in student license ?? some of my friends are saying that some features are not available for student license ???

can I get full features of autodesk products via student license ???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

There's no difference between a paid or student license.   Student version is good for 3 years, can only be used for learning/training and you must be attending a qualified educational institution in order to obtain a free license.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9

@advocatenaveen66

@Mark.Lancaster is correct, the software is the same across the board. The only limitation is its usability and function. You can only use it if you're a qualified student and for learning. @natasha.l from Autodesk has a posting that you should read for setting up your student account. 

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 9
RDAOU
in reply to: advocatenaveen66

Yep I second the above...AUTODESK is so generous and kind to let students download and use their products for free (as long as it's not for commercial use/profit)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 9

@advocatenaveen66 wrote:

Is there any limitation in student license ?? some of my friends are saying that some features are not available for student license ???

can I get full features of autodesk products via student license ???

As the above gentlemen stated, there is no difference between the student and full version.  You can get the student version if you qualify, but you can only use it for educational purposes.  No work done in the educational version can be used in any commercial version or commercial version files.  Doing so can get the company or companies involved in a lot of legal trouble.  So keep that in mind.  Any work you create in the student version cannot be reused years later at your job.  You would have to redo the work.  FYI.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9

Hello @advocatenaveen66,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy As everyone mentioned students receive full versions of Autodesk product, the tools and features of the software are the same for commercial versions. Educational users most be eligible to use the product, students have access to product for 3years.

Thanks, @Darin.Green I have created a post that will help assist you with Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Please let us know if you are able to set this up and how it goes. Thank you for posting. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
kjm875
in reply to: natasha.l

My son is 13, he's in 7th grade and wants to get into Mechanical Engineering.  Well, he wants to get into roller coaster designing and I advised him that Mechanical Engineering is the path to take.  I'm in Civil Engineering (more specifically, Right of Way, office Land Surveying) and have advised him to start learning this.  Being he's 13, the "term limit" will expire when he's 16.  What happens after the term limit expires?  Will he be able to renew for another term? 

Thank you for any advice you have.

Message 8 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: kjm875

@kjm875 

If the student is still attending a qualified educational institution https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/education-program/who-can-join/el... the student can request a newer version and get a new 3 yr license.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 9
kjm875
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks!  That's great news!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report