Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AutoCAD 2016

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
vanekalajdziev
8179 Views, 17 Replies

Problem with AutoCAD 2016

When I start AutoCAD 2016 it's apear the message: The program can't start because adlmint.dll is missing from your computer. Try to reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I reinstalled the program several times, but it doesn't help. Please tell me the solution. Thanks in advanced. 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
asburyj
in reply to: vanekalajdziev

Could it be that perhaps you antivirus software is quarenteening the file or blocking it in some way? What Antivirus software are you running? Can you try disabling it and re-installing?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 18
vanekalajdziev
in reply to: asburyj

I disabled the antivirus and then reinstalled the AutoCAD 2016, but the message is the same: "The program can't start because adlmint.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". Please tell me another solution to resolve the problem. Thanks in advanced

Message 4 of 18
asburyj
in reply to: vanekalajdziev

Is adlmint.dll truely missing from the system? Typically it should be in the root of the directory you installed Autocad to (C:\programs files\Autodesk\Autocad 2016) by default. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Same problem, the file is not installed, i've searched for it in all the autocad files and i cant find it, Revit and 3dmax work fine..

Message 6 of 18
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

I wonder if perhaps the dll is being blocked by an antivirus software. I have attached a zipped copy of the DLL in question. Could you try extracting the dll from that zip into the AutoCAD install directory(C:\programs files\Autodesk\Autocad 2016)?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

I went into the registry keys and deleated some files and reinstalled and it worked, following this other thread, copyed the DLL file that you gave me and it worked perfectly for the first time.. Thanks 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

hello, i am a student and use autocad 2016. I have the same problems as SANTIAGO but I do not know where to exactly copy the DLL. I've already copied into (C: \ Autodesk \ AutoCAD_2016_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-us), but it is not working.
Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 18
vanekalajdziev

I haven't any problem with AutoCAD 2016, everything is excellent.
Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

Hi Jeff

I'm running into the same problem. I am attempting to run AutoCAD 2016 on my brand new Dell XP3 13 laptop with Windows 10. 

(I should mention that this is my 2nd time installing AutoCAD.  The first time, I did a default install with everything in the software package. But this was interferring with the basic functionality of Windows 10. It effectively caused my Recycle Bin and File Explorer in Windows to crash everytime I clicked on them. Not good. Then I uninstalled Autodesk and noticed the problem went away.  This discussion is what tipped me off to AutoDesk software being the root cause. They mention they had the same issue with Inventor:
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2755720/file-explorer-open-crashing.html)

Anyways, getting back to the most recent error, I noticed that the file you provided, adlmint.dll, was indeed missing from the directory you specified.  I attached a screenshot below showing what my folder looks like.

However, as soon as I place that file into the directory, I start to get different error messages.  At odds of what to do now. Hope you can lend a hand...

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

The message board would only allow 3 pics in my last message. Here are the rest

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

Here's the final 2 error messages. All of these are in sequential order

Message 13 of 18
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Not sure what steps you have taken to get here but here's what I would recommend..

1.  Uninstall AutoCAD 2016 and all related Autodesk 2016 informaiton

2.  Run the IOBIT Uninstaller using the powerful scan option and remove all related left over Autodesk 2016 information.  (I've never used this applicaiton so I'm not sure where the powerful scan option is).

3.  Reboot machine.

4.  Make sure you have admin rights, UAC is turned off and Anti-Virus temporary disabled.

5.  Go to the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.  Download all of the parts first and then go to your download location.  Extract (double click) part 1 and in a few seconds the extraction will start.   It will then prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk and once the extraction is finished the installation will start.

6. Download and install SP1 for AutoCAD 2016 to fully support Windows 10.

7.  Report back and let us know if that resolved your issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark

Does anyone else have experience with IoBit? I'm not sure if this 3rd party application has been found to work finding all of the Autodesk 2016 software on the registry

Can someone from the Autodesk staff also comment? What would you recommend doing?
Message 15 of 18
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Some have had success with the IOBIT installer but I have heard others have indicated it doesn't always work.  I only started recommended it because I came across a posting from an Autodesk person that recommended it to a user and it worked for them on Windows 10.

Its hard to say if an Autodesk person will see your posting and reply with any recommendations.   You may want to put in a support case with Autodesk through your Autodesk account.   I'm also tagging @TravisNave to see if he has other suggestions for you.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 18
TravisNave

I don't know much about the uninstaller either as it's been hit or miss.
But I do agree with Mark. Uninstall (and remove that dll if it doesn't get
removed) then reinstall with UAC disabled and antivirus turned off. Then
add SP1. You have to install SP1 for it to be Windows 10 supported.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

I am currently having the same issues that J.dunn was having...

I followed what you had said to do, I unistalled it with the app you said to use, it looked like everything was unistalled... and then I tried to install it again. I again followed what was said to do about the UAC and so on... but I am still having the same error message.. "The program can't start because adlmint.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Is there anything else I can do or should to fix this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 18 of 18
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Perform a clean uninstall per these article..  However if you have other working Autodesk products, you will need to adjust the locations in the folders and registry entry or you will impact those working Autodesk Applications.  I would then download and install CCLEANER and let it clean up your registry on your machine

Then download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report