Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
598 Views, 5 Replies

Option Files troubles

I have created an option file for Inventor but it doesn't seem to be working at all. I'm not sure where I went wrong but I'll ask a few questions and see if I can fix it. Background - we have 9 network licenses that need to be split up into 2 groups. I would also like to set up a 30 minute timeout.

Questions:

Should Groups contain Users or Computer names?
Should Host_Groups contain Users or Computer names?

We are running the last 3 versions of Inventor. Each version has it's own ID (ex. 51300INVBUN_11_0f). There also appears to be another ID (64500INVBUN_F) that shows all of the current users regardless of the version that they using. Can you set a max number of users for the ID that seems to cover all of the versions?

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Scott
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

First of all, the new Package Increment supercedes all of your older licenses. So if you combined your new 2009 Package with your old licenses, it really isn't going to matter.

Now, you need to make sure that your Options file is named adskflex.opt and exists in the same folder as your license .lic file.

Use the TIMEOUTALL 1800 to set a timeout for 30 minutes for all of your licenses.

GROUP should contain users. You need to use GROUP groupname user user user

Definitely add the GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON option to ensure that your names are not case sensitive.

You can then INCLUDE the groups for the package and either RESERVE licenses for the group or MAX each group to a specific amount.

Once saved, you will need to reread your license file to put the Options file into effect. Your debug log should show this.

I would recommend reading Chapter 5 of your license manger guide.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Travis

Thanks for the help. Would you mind taking a look at the .opt file to see if It's done correctly? Also, if I wanted to use the computer names instead of the user names would that go under HOST_GROUP?

Thanks Again
Scott
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Scott,

The options file looks good. The only thing I notice is that the attachment here has a .txt extension. Please make sure it doesn't actually have this on your real file (might turn on file extension for knows files types.)

HOST_GROUP also does have the computer names instead of usernames. I prefer usernames because users can move around from machine to machine. But if you are using a lab where many people use common machines and/or one login, then grouping by computers would be best.

You should be able to see in the debug log if your options file is being loaded correctly.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Travis

Once again Thanks for the help. There will be several people that will be happy if this works properly.

I had to rename it with the .txt extension to attach it to my post. The real file does end with .opt.

If you don't hear back from me, all went well.

Thanks
Again
Scott
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

My pleasure. Hope it works out as you expect.

After doing a license reread from LMTOOLS, look for a line in your debug log that looks similar to this:

00:00:00 (adskflex) Using options file: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\adskflex.opt"

And underneath it should list all of your options:

00:00:00 (adskflex) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 1800 seconds

etc...

Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report