Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networking Error: Failed to obtain the IP Address of the machine

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3213 Views, 4 Replies

Networking Error: Failed to obtain the IP Address of the machine

Multiple people at our remote location upgraded to Windows 10 over the weekend but one user receives this error when trying to open Autodesk 2014 LT. He is able to ping the server with no problem but Autodesk will not obtain a license. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Miguel
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You have a network licensed seat of AutoCAD LT?  Is this from the Inventor LT Suite?

If the user can PING the NLM server, does it respond with an IPv6 or IPv4 address? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Network License Seat of AUTOCAD LT and an IPV4 address.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

FYI LT2014 is not supported in WIn10 and never will be so be ready for other issues to crop up eventually http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X
Message 5 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Wow you must have numerous copies of LT to get a network license.. 

I would start here.  Although the article is for 2013, the information should be the same except you may need to adjust the location.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report