Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Network license and error -1.359.2

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1368 Views, 4 Replies

Maya Network license and error -1.359.2

Hello!

I am currently trying to get Maya 2017 installed on some Macintosh lab machines and I'm attempting to start up one with the license, just to get it going, and when I type in the FQN of the server, it will search for it and throw back the following message:

Network License Not Available

Common causes, all licenses in use, server is down or license has has expired, with the error listed in the subject.

The license server is up, as when I select the Perform Enquiry, it shows the following message:

Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 1/4/2017 08:41

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx
License file(s) on xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx: C:\Autodesk\Network License Manager\MAYA2017enlicense.lic:

xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1

Vendor daemon status (on xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx):

adskflex: UP v11.13.1
Feature usage info:

Users of 85527MAYA_F: (Total of 125 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85860TRTLPB_F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85694MAYAMMR1_F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86437MAYAMMR1_2016_0F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86213MAYAMMR1_2015_0F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86058MAYAMMR1_2014_0F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86437TRTLPB_2016_0F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86214TRTLPB_2015_0F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86095TRTLPB_2014_0F: (Total of 625 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86618MAYA_2017_0F: (Total of 125 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86437MAYA_2016_0F: (Total of 125 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86213MAYA_2015_0F: (Total of 125 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86058MAYA_2014_0F: (Total of 125 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

I can also connect to the license server at the command line via port 2080.  

Is there something I'm missing?  Looking at Console while launching Maya, it does throw an error out stating "failed to save LICPATH.lic at /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/CLM/LGS/657I,......

I've entered the license server in several ways, the FQN, the FQN with the port 2080, just the hostname.

Thanks in advanced.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

In your config service tab, please provide the log file that you have defined there so we can review it..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

File has been uploaded!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The -1 error is pretty straight forward.  It means that the client simply cannot find the license file.  This is likely because the system can't find or create the LICPATH.LIC file in your path.  You probably just need to either change the permissions on that file, or create it with read/write permissions and text edit it to ensure it is pointing to your servername. 

Here is a video that provides somewhat of what I am talking about, though the location of your LICPATH.LIC file may be different.  Maya will tell you where it is trying to look, so start at that path.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I found the problem to be a permissions errors in the Applications Support/Autodesk folder.  It had somehow been given permission to one of the faculty members that was trying to test it out, before we got the network licensed. 

I deleted the whole Autodesk folder from the Library/Application support, reran the install and I am up and running.  License server was fine, just a permissions error.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report