Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
da-peter
282 Views, 7 Replies

License issue

Wow how bad is this software. The whole support system sucks. I installed Fusion for personal use to try it out and see. Now it automatically upgraded me to the free trial of the full version which is BS as I dont even know the basics and would like to learn that first before trying out advanced features. 

It just automatically upgraded itself. Also, on the website it shows a 30-day trial the software only gives me 25. Why does nothing work right. All misleading information. No support either here. Only the forum, nobody to contact to get immediate support. 

They copied the support system from Microsoft. I don't know if you actually get real support when you pay for a subscription with Autodesk, with MS you definitely don't.

So where do I get help?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: da-peter

Hi,

Each licence starts with a 30-day trial phase with full functionality.
At the end, you have the option of choosing between the licence variants.

günther

Message 3 of 8
da-peter

thats just stupid. Now i am waisting my trial time, because I dont even have time to use the software. Also i am not sure that every license starts with a trial, as it tells me 25 days after installing. For me and my simple math 25 is not equal 30 ;-).

It there any way to reset my trial? is there any contact to autodesk and people work there? because now the whole trial period is waisted for no reason.

Message 4 of 8
luiyingchun

I installed the personal-use version two weeks ago and some of the functionalities such as exporting to some file types are not available so I am sure this is not the full-function trial version.  The auto-upgrade to trial version has not happened, as least not yet. 

luiyingchun_0-1704633470174.png

Message 5 of 8
da-peter

so what is going on? Does everyone just get a random license?

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

Trials cannot be reset as they are written to the boot sector of your hard drive.  You'd have to install a trial on a different machine.  There is no functional difference between a trial and a full licensed version.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
da-peter
in reply to: TravisNave

Great, that's just the worst ever. 

I don't have the time to even work with the program right now. So all the time is basically wasted. Will I get another machine from Autodesk to try it out? No! so why is there no warning? and why 25 days? supposedly 30 days 😉 so nothing matches. Just a horrible experience from the start. 

But I found a solution: Open Source 🙂

Message 8 of 8
DarrenP

@luiyingchun 

This is actually a limitation for the personal version

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fusion-360-Free-Li...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report