Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2015 for Education won't install

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
Anonymous
10013 Views, 42 Replies

Inventor Pro 2015 for Education won't install

I've been trying to install Inventor Pro 2015 Student for two days now. Every time I try to, the install stops and tells me the install has failed.

My specs: Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel i5-4440, 4 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 650, 1 TB Hard Drive

The error log is attached. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help, and thank you in advance.

42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

If you could please provide an attachment of your installation log file we would be happy to look into this further. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous

Nothing I do seems to be working on here. Could someone please have a look at my log file and get back to me on how I could sort out the issue?
The download starts then randomly claims my computer disconnects from the network. Please help!
inventor error.png

Message 23 of 43
JDMather

What version of Windows are you running?

Try the instructions in the response to this post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/can-t-install-autodesk-3ds-max-design-error-mes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous

Hi I am also having issues downloading Inventor student version, I tried to download 2015 first of all and this didn't work so I then tried to download. Just wondering if someone could help with this possibly

Thanks

Message 25 of 43
DannyHubbard

Robert,

You log files shows that it is failing to download, try using the Browser Download or Download Manager option instead of Install Now.

2015/11/16:19:27:06 Robert ROBBIESPC Install Autodesk Material Library 2014 - Low Image Library Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hi Danny,
Thanks for the quick reply. Used the Browser Download option and it's downloaded but it won't let me extract because it says there are files missing?
Thanks
Robert
Message 27 of 43
DannyHubbard

Robert,

Go to the link below, pick download links then the product and version you are after. You will probably just need to download the Part2 and or Part3 to the same folder as the other file downloaded to then run the EXE again.

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 28 of 43
Anonymous

Good afternoon! I have an assignment due in class tomorrow and I need to install Inventor. I have tried three times and each time it tells me the installation has finished but that there was an error and some things couldn't install. However, when it says "some" things it really meant everything on the list.

Do you have any suggestions?
Message 29 of 43
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

IF you have an assignment due tomorrow why are you waiting to the last minute to get Inventor installed?  Smiley Wink

We can only speculate what the issue is without seeing your installation log file.  However I will assume its due to the method you're using...

So download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation and getting your assignment done...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 30 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hello again! I tried all the steps you mentioned and finally all the downloads are completed (starting from 8pm last night). I went to "extract" it and said "Extraction is complete. Installation could not be started. Please launch the installer manually". What can I do? T-minus 4 hours before my assignment is due.

Message 31 of 43
TravisNave

Run setup.exe as administrator from the extracted folder. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your quick reply. Your suggestion seemed to work at first and the installation completed but when I try to open Inventor, I get this error message: "Inventor is reregistering and needs to complete registration before this program can run. Please close Inventor so it can complete reregistration before running this program." What can I do?

Message 33 of 43
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Read the message...  Smiley Wink

Do you have another Inventor version running?  If so don't launch two different versions of Inventor at the same time.

Bring up task manager and kill any Inventor.exe message...

Try again..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 34 of 43
Anonymous

I do not have another version of Inventor running otherwise I would have closed it as per the instructions. That is why I don't understand why I am receiving this error message.

Thanks!

Message 35 of 43
Mark.Lancaster

So there's nothing in task manager, no Inventor.exe process running?  Correct?  Just because you may not see Inventor running on your screen doesn't mean there's a hung process in task manager.   Also have you rebooted your machine after installing it?

Mark Lancaster

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous

There is nothing in task manager and I did reboot it after installation! That's why I don't understand the error message.

Message 37 of 43
Mark.Lancaster

Then it sounds like you don't have the proper access (admin rights) to registry the Inventor software.  I would right mouse click on the Inventor (desktop) icon and select run as admin.  Then let us know what happens?  If that doesn't work then most likely you have a corrupt installation and I would suggest a clean uninstall per these instructions.   However if you have other Autodesk products that are running ok then you need to adjust your folder and registry locations (or you will destroy the operation of your other Autodesk products).

Update:  @Anonymous Another thing you can do is...

Select the Windows start button and in the search field, type CMD (but do not hit an enter)..

When command prompt appears in the list, right mouse click and run as admin.

Then in the command prompt navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <version>\bin.

Then type Inventor.exe /install.

Wait a few minutes and then start Inventor.

Mark Lancaster

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous

This is my only auto desk product so uninstalling and retrying will not be an issue. Another user recommended running as an admin and when I tried that I got that message still.

I'll try to uninstall and reinstall.

Thank you!

Message 39 of 43
Mark.Lancaster

Before you uninstall... DId you see my updated information (and try those steps)?

Mark Lancaster

Message 40 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I am about to try that update that you added! Also, I had attempted it one more time before that and I recieved this error message as well. "The exception unknown software execption (0xc06d007e) occured in the application at location 0x000000007714DAE8."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report