Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem - Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
r_sedlacek
20454 Views, 3 Replies

Installation Problem - Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\...

I keep getting the following error message when trying to install AutoCad 2017 on my Win8 machine.

Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\ee145f.rbf. Verify that you have access to that directory.

I did check to make sure there was adequate access to that directory. Still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

Download the installation files from Autodesk Virtual Agent >>>click<<<, then start the installation from that local file(s).

(plus make sure you do have full admin permission and antivirus turned off)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: r_sedlacek

Make sure you have local admin rights and UAC disabled before downloading and installing.  And definitely use the Virtual Agent as suggested above.  If you still run into issues, then you might need to manually change some permissions on some folders.

How to add the Everyone group with Full Control permissions to the Config.Msi Folder

1.      Click the Start button or press the Windows button on the keyboard.

2.      In the Start Search box type %temp% and then click the Temp folder item that appears at the top.  (Win + R also gets Run box)

3.      At the top of the Explorer window, in the address bar, click the folder to the left of Temp in the folder path (Local by default).

4.      In the folder list, right-click the Temp folder and then click Properties and then click the Security tab.

5.      Click the Edit... button and on the next screen click Add.

6.      On the next screen, in the large text window type Everyone and then click Check Names - Everyone should then be underlined.

7.      Check the box for Full control under the Allow column, and then click OK, then OK again, and OK again to close all the windows.

8.      Do the same for the C:\Config.msi folder if it exists. 

If all else failes, move the %TEMP% folder from your user profile to a new folder on C:\ called C:\TEMP.  If you get to that point and still need help, let me know.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
r_sedlacek
in reply to: r_sedlacek

Installation was successful. Thanks for all the assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report