Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error During Install Code 1603

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
618 Views, 6 Replies

Fatal Error During Install Code 1603

I know there's a page that goes into detail about how to work around this error code and fix the problems but I've already done everything it said to do on that page. I've downloaded AIDA and tried installing once again, and of course the error came up at around 30%. So I used AIDA like everyone said to and the first thing to come up was

"The following permissions errors were encountered. Please review the details below in this file
---One or more registry keys could not be opened for write
---One or more directories are read-only"

I need help. I've been digging for over an hour and nothing is solving my issue. I did a full uninstall as well and deleted files that I was told to delete by Autodesk and still didn't work.

I'm sure there's a forum somewhere that has the answer but I can't find it.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vahn.chua
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to Autodesk Community.

Here are few things you can try:

1. Make sure your Windows is up to date.

2. Make sure you have full admin access to install the software specially the registry parts.

3. Try to use Browser Download method for the installer.

4. and if it is still failed, please try the steps provided here (assuming that you are trying to install 2020 version): "Installation incomplete. Some products failed to install." due to error code 1603 when installing Autodesk 2020 software

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Vahn Chua

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: vahn.chua

I'm trying to install the 2020 Student version of Maya but when I followed the directions for the browser download, I was only able to download 2019. It worked, but I just wish I had 2020.

I've also done everything else that you listed and gave autodesk firewall access because I assumed that was a problem, and I disabled my virus protection. I've also followed all the instructions on the forum concerning the error code 1603 before I even posted this and it still failed. On top of that, I already had admin access but I double checked as I went through your to-do list.

Message 4 of 7
tvr.valentin

Many faced this problem, and the solutions were always different. To begin, I will describe several solutions, and in the end I will describe the best option.

1. Perform a Windows update (for example, Windows 10 automatically installs the latest C ++ packages when updating)

2. All versions of C ++ can be installed before installing Autodesk programs from the official Mictosoft website. And I recommend doing this.

56.jpg

3. If during installation one of the packages swears (that is, it cannot overwrite the file). Suggest executing the following commands at a command prompt as administrator.

msiexec.exe –unreg

msiexec.exe -regserver

4. The last option is one of the most working.

Open registry as administrator (run regedit command)

Open the following user branch

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

Right-clicking on the Components folder select "permissions"
Click the add button (in order to add a new user), add a user with administrator rights, check the full access checkbox, click apply.
In the same dialog box, click Advanced.
At the top of the dialog box where "owner" is written, click change (the dialog box may look different depending on the version of Windows). Change the owner to a user with administrator rights (i.e. set the owner of the previously added user). After the user has been replaced, a checkmark “replace owner of subcontainers and objects” will appear, click it, then click apply. Below in the list of "permission items" your added user will appear. Select the added user and check the box "Replace all permission entries of the child object with inherited from this object" and click apply.

Who faced this problem, you can immediately try the 4th option. If anyone tries the last solution please unsubscribe whether it helped you or not. If someone doesn’t help, write together we will continue to understand.

Message 5 of 7
miahenry413

try this point to fix 1603 Fatal Error During Installation c) Hit Start button under Service status and hit OK. (If its service status is running, you should click on Stop first and then hit Start.) To re-register Windows Installer service: a) Press Win + R, type “msiexec /unregister” and hit Enter. b) Press Win + R again and enter “msiexec /regserver“

Message 6 of 7
miahenry413

I want also know more detail 1603 Fatal Error During Installation 

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: miahenry413

Attach your installation log files from your %TEMP% folder.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report