Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 62 on installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ianlitterbach
181 Views, 3 Replies

Error Code 62 on installation

Hi all.

I am trying to install AutoCad 25 trial version. I previously had it working but I had the trial program unistalled to enable installtion of a previous version I used to own outright. My old version can no longer be installed and autocad can't offer supprort for a product of that age. Now I have no working autocad and when I try to re-install the trail version (still has 15 days left) it fails with code 62. It takes an enormous amount of time even time I attempt to download. Any magic fixes out there? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ianlitterbach

You cannot reinstall a trial on that machine as it will be expired.  You will likely need to either 1.  Install the trial onto another machine, or 2. download an AutoCAD 2025 trial in a different flavor... like Mechanical.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Simon_Weel
in reply to: ianlitterbach

Clean out all Autodesk files / folders and registry entries.

How to perform a Clean Uninstall of Autodesk products on Windows

Message 4 of 4

Hi @ianlitterbach 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!  

Can you try the following:

Reinstall the licensing service

1. How to uninstall Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
  2. Wait 2 to 4 minutes for the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing to get empty.
  3. How to download and install Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service on Windows

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report