Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing License Servers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chris_pitt
1665 Views, 6 Replies

Changing License Servers

Hi

I need to repath all our many and various installation of AutoCAD products to a new licence server.

I have followed the instructions in "How to specify license servers using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable" and so far as I can tell it doesn't entirely work.  That is, it appears to work for Navis and AutoCAD but not for Revit Architecture.

I know that I installed Navis and AutoCAD from Building Design Suite Premium, with Revit Architecture installed separately (due to odd licensing issues).  Could there be an issue here?

Do I need particular user credentials to get this to work?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Otto
in reply to: chris_pitt

Hello chris.pitt

It looks like you need help specifying license servers using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

How to specify license servers using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 7
chris_pitt
in reply to: Otto

Sorry, see original post! This doesn't completely work!

Regards

[Fsalogo]

Christopher Alan Pitt
BA (Hons) Grad Dip RIBA

Tel: 01246 233255 | Mob: 07919 016195
www.frankshawassociates.co.uk

CAD Maintenance
Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@chris_pitt

When you say it doesn't work, what error message are the end users getting when they launch Revit Arch?

I assume you generated a new license file and updated your license manager on the new server to version 11.13.1.2.

We would actually need the debug (defined under your LMTOOLS) information to determine what's going on.  Can you provide that?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
chris_pitt
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

There is no error message.

At the moment both the old and new servers are running (and I wont be decommissioning the old one until I know the licence path issue is resolved).

I understood that if you introduced the environmental variable ALL relevant software using the license manager should then see the licence manager it was directed to.

That is not the case here.

If I start up either Navis or AutoCAD and browse to the About and then Product Licence Information I can see that they are both pathed to the new server.   If I start up Revit Architecture it's still pathed to the old server.

If necessary I will look at the debugs tomorrow but I don't think the problem lies there.  The software that has repathed runs fine.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

Check for a file called LICPATH.LIC in the root of the application.  The server is often also pathed there, as well as in the registry.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Use-of...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
dembkod

chris.pitt

Hello. The variable could be out of sync in your registry. I would open the variable and copy out the contents of the entry. Then open the registry and search on ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

There will be 2-5 entries and the contents of the key should match your variable. They should be visibly obvious as to what you are looking at. If the contents of the key look coded, I would ignore, otherwise they should look exactly like the variable you entered. If it does not, I would paste in the value in the corresponding registry key.

Sometimes the variable does not seem to fully be saved by windows and can cause issues like this.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report