Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad blue screen nvlddmkm.sys

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rodrigo_casas7H3KN
1172 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad blue screen nvlddmkm.sys

Hi, every time I start AutoCAD 2023 or 2022, I get a blue screen that says:

Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
Error: nvlddmkm.sys

I have tried, reinstalling AutoCAD, updating Nvidia drivers, updating Windows and system reset twice. I can't solve it.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rodrigo_casas7H3KN

Message 3 of 11

Look at your GTX1050 Video

While the card isn't certified, try finding one that is the same as one of the certified cards

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: mdavis22569

Mike is right.  Here is the WHQL certified driver for that card on your OS:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/531.18/531.18-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whq...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11

Thanks, but those drivers were already installed and the blue screen continues

Message 6 of 11

No, it is not certified by Autodesk but I have had this graphics card for 6 years and I have not had any problems before.

Message 7 of 11

You could do a clean install, which you probably should do anyway.

Or you can rename the nvlddmkm.sys file in your System32 folder.  Then go find the nvlddmkm.sy_ file in your extracted NVIDIA folder and replace it yourself... renaming the .sy_ to .sys, of course.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

Unrelated, I will tell you that Windows 11 22H2 is broken.  We have moved back to the previous Windows 11 and Windows 10 releases internally.  You might have to wait for 23H1 for many of the problems to be addressed by Microsoft.  

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11

@rodrigo_casas7H3KN wrote:

No, it is not certified by Autodesk but I have had this graphics card for 6 years and I have not had any problems before.

I have the 1070

It's very DRIVER sensitive.  I personally use a 2021 driver for it to work for me.     

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 11

mdavis22569_0-1678372130154.png

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
rklauber
in reply to: mdavis22569

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report