Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D MAX - Corrupted Files, Installation problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Grimmaldus
1120 Views, 3 Replies

3D MAX - Corrupted Files, Installation problem

Hello, 
I've tried to reinstall / repair my 3Ds MAX 2015 which has stopped working due to missing dll (I have no idea how this could have happened). 
First of all the reinstallation didn't work it said that another dll was missing, so I tried to uninstall every autodesk application from my PC according to your guide on site - Removing All Products from a Windows System. After this I used all kind of installation but everytime I ended up with either successfull installation but no files and no 3D Max folder at all or with connection problem which I've solved by turning off the firewall. 

Long story short - Successfull Installation = NO 3Ds MAX folder only Inventor Server, DirectConnect, BackBurner. 

What should I do ? Reinstall whole OS ? 😄 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Grimmaldus
in reply to: Grimmaldus

I've resolved the problem with installation with Microsoft Fixit however the old problem with the software re-emerged. 
3Ds MAX 2015 doesn't want to lunch due to missing adlmint.dll this occurs when you install Service packs 2 and 3.
How to solve this ?  

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Grimmaldus

Reinstall.  Don't add the service packs.  Service packs are only needed if you are experiencing the problems fixed in the service packs.  If not, then there's no reason to break your product.  Worth a shot. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Grimmaldus
in reply to: TravisNave

I found out the problem it's related to SP 3. The SP 3 won't be installed
properly if 3Ds Max is located on different path than the default one
(program files...). It creates a new folder in Program Files with structure
and files (not all only the patched ones prolly) similiar to installation
of 3Ds Max and removes some files (dlls) from the original location where
was the functional copy.

I'll stick with SP2, thank you for your quick response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report