Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Card help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
658 Views, 2 Replies

Video Card help!!!

Hi, I am buying a new notebook and I need help choosing the video card. The options are: Dell precision m4700 with a FirePro M4000 or a Quadro K2000M, or an Alienware with a gaming video card like a GT or a HD 7970M.

The FirePro M400 has better benchmark than the Quadro K2000M and the HD 7970 has better benchmark than all.

I know the Quadro and FirePro are more professional cards but to what extend is better than a good gaming card?

The main softwares that i use are Zbrush, Maya and Mari.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If it helps make your decision, we run our Autodesk training labs on Dell M4700 with the Quadro K2000M card.  So long as you disable the onboard video so that it uses the video card, it runs like a champ.  You'll also want to install the latest WHQL certified driver from nVidia.com. 

So there ya go.  Officially tested...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello

+1 with Travis

NVidia Quadro Series 1000 (cheaper) or Series 2000 are fast !

It's a good choice ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report