Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet License Server error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1944 Views, 3 Replies

FlexNet License Server error

We have recently received an error when opening our stand alone installation of AutoCAD 2010. It reads...

"Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FlexNet License Server Manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:

• Specify the license server
  • Specify the file..."

It will not let us see the serial number or go to help (or even open the program) to try and activate it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Your AutoCAD is installed as the network version.  If you have the network license of AutoCAD, have you already set up your Network License Manager?  It needs to be running on your server and should hand out your AutoCAD licenses appropriately.  Once you have verified this information, let me know and we'll move on. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

That's the thing, it's not supposed to be getting its license from a server. It's a stand alone copy as our whole organization is. This just popped up. We've been running CAD for years this way.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Oops, then it was installed incorrectly.  You need to reinstall and make sure it is set for the stand-alone version (which is by default.)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report