Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to split groups in OPT file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jroper
397 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to split groups in OPT file.

I have attempted to split off a small Reserved group from a bigger Reserved group and users keep getting a -4 max reached error.  Here is the setup.

I have 10 IDSP on SERVER1 and 10 IDSP on SERVER2

I want to create a small Reserved group on SERVER1

Server 1 :

GROUP Main user1 user2 user3...

RESERVE 8 85812IDSP_F GROUP Main

GROUP Small userA userB userC...

RESERVE 2 85812IDSP_F GROUP Small

Server 2:

GROUP Main user1 user2 user3...

RESERVE 10 85812IDSP_F GROUP Main

It seems that when a user in group Small tries to get a license, it gives a -4 error, even if no one else in their group has a license.  Then it moves on to Server2 and shows a -101 error all licenses Reserved for others which is correct.  Is there a bug?  Why is it checking group Main and then moving on to the next Server without checking Group Small?  Would it help if I defined both of my Groups first then did the Reserve function?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: Jroper

The issue is with the feature you're using (85812IDSP_F). Because this is a suite license which includes additional products, we can no longer only specify a single component. Since you're using the main feature, I take it that you're trying to reserve the entire suite license?

What you currently have in the options file is ok, but you need to specify more. See below...

RESERVE 8 85812IDSP_F:SIGN="0BCE A039 36C1 9F64 D846 0957 8CE6 09AF \
E44A 4EA9 70AC B0DB 74E2 19FD 08F6 03D0 2198 3209 376F E11E \
7492 1B7B B759 AAAF 05BC 0CA3 7186 D924 358E 4F79" GROUP Main

The SIGN section will ensure that an entire suite license is being borrowed for the MAIN group of users. DO NOT use the SIGN section above as it will not work. You need to look at the INCREMENT section of the IDSP license and copy the first SIGN contents.

Sign.jpg

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 4
Jroper
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thanks Darin. I will try that and see if it works.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Jroper

Darrin is right. When you RESERVE a specific number of seats for a Subscription package feature code, (in your case 😎 it will reserve 8 seats for every single release in that package.  So basically, you immediately go into license overage.  Your debug.log will show the error about exceeding seats, though it is ignored. 

I would consider trying the MAX command, as it would ensure that the small group would only be able to launch 2 seats total from any of the items from the package.  You can MAX 8 on the bigger group.  That might get you more on what you are looking for. 

You'd probably want to use an INCLUDE on both groups as well, so that they are not taken by users not specified. 

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report