Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
966 Views, 2 Replies

Error after installation

Hey there,

I succesvol installed Autodesk Inventor 2014 Pro. After the installation I started Inventor, but when I try to open a new part Iventor shut down. The log of the error is in the appendix below. The error pop-up gave me the option to visit the maintaince site of Inventor. So I downloaded the update, all went well. After this installation I rebooted my system to make sure of the settings were processed.

But this didn't fix the error. Has any body got a clue how to fix this problem

I've got a Windows 7, 64 bit computer

The error report contains the following files:

Inventor131108131523.dmp

dmpuserinfo.xml

dumpdata.zip

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Crashing on part opening is almost certainly a video card issue.  Make sure your video card meets requirements and has an updated certified video driver.  What are you currently running?

Thanks for using the community.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

rainierRVS,

Hello. Yes. Graphics card is certainly the first focus. Make sure it meets the system requirements for the program first, and then update the graphics card driver.

It may be worth downloading 2 or 3 and testing the different drivers to see if the behavior shifts.

Past this there could be corruption in the installation. You could uninstall and reinstall.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report