Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite 2013 Premium - Installation problem in Wins XP x32 SP3

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hayes.chan
499 Views, 6 Replies

Building Design Suite 2013 Premium - Installation problem in Wins XP x32 SP3

Hi all,

We used local account (have local administrator rights) to install BDSPRM 2013 in Windows XP 32 Bit and find that there is any errors during the installation. I have no idea to solve the installation problem.

Hardware all are meet the system requirement

Installed products during the installation:
- AutoCAD 2013
- Revit 2013
- 3ds Max Design 2013
- Navisworks Simulate 2013

4 of 30 pcs that cannot install successful. (All 4 products)

2 pcs have error message in Navisworks Simulate 2013 installation (Attachment: installation errors.zip)

* i have a full rights on D partition

2 pcs will automatically reboot when i install Revit 2013 product. (Attachment: Revit2013.zip)

* no error message pop-up and reboot pc, installation failed

* Also, i tried to install single Revit 2013 product, it reboots again, installation failed

Is there any solution?

Thank you for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brad_hurley
in reply to: hayes.chan

Hello,

Welcome to the community.   Sounds like you have almost completed your entire Autodesk product roll out to all your PC’s.  I find it strange that you were only seeing problems with only 4 pc.  What’s different about these 4 PC’s?  I do not normally suggest this but a quicker solution might be to format and install a new image on the 4 pc.  If you have time to troubleshoot you can try the following:

1. Can you install to c:\?
  2. Disable\remove any antivirus software. After completing the install you can enable\install the antivirus software.
  3. Turn off User Account Control, (UAC).
  4. Log in as another Administrator and perform the installation.
  5. Clean out the temp directory.  From windows, locate the run command and type %temp%. Delete all files you have rights to delete.
  6. Remove MS .net frame work from the machine.
  7. Remove C++ 2005, 08, 10 compiler from the system

Thank you for using the community. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
hayes.chan
in reply to: brad_hurley

Hello,

We cannot install software on C partition base on company policy. All machines are same settings, but i have no idea why i cannot install Revit / Navisworks on some machines.

But, why the pc reboot automatically during Revit 2013 installation?

I will try your suggestions.

Thanks

Hayes

Message 4 of 7
david.lau
Message 5 of 7
hayes.chan
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David 

i knew that issue before, so we do not include any update in BDS 2013 / 2014 installation.  

Any idea why the machine will automatically reboot during Revit installation without any pop-up message?

Thanks

Hayes

Message 6 of 7
emily.xu

Another suggestion from me is please update your system first to install all the important updates, and then try to reinstall, see if works.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 7 of 7
dembkod

hayes.chan ,

Hello. A few years back most major programs would ask for a reboot. This was usually tied to the program requirements based on eth languages that they were programmed in. So, earlier versions of NET often seemed to require programs to restart. There was also earlier versions of the MS Installer as it was installed on different operating systems. Older versions used to require a reboot, the more updated versions generally do not.

Our later versions, assuming the target machines have an updated MS installer and NET, I would not expect them to force a reboot. This is assuming you are using the regular installation procedures and are not trying to modify the setup.ini files or install via custom command. They can complicate the installation process and odd behaviors like this can spawn.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report