Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 4000 when trying to install AutoCAD 2024

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pedrohenrique_dss18
619 Views, 3 Replies

Error 4000 when trying to install AutoCAD 2024

When I try to install AutoCAD 2024 on my machine, it stops at around 12% and displays 'The install couldn't finish. Error 4000'

I have tried following the steps in this article, but to no avail. I also made sure to grant all the necessary permissions as instructed here to the installer and disabled the antivirus and firewall, but these steps also didn't help.

I will attach the latest setup log that I've obtained using the Installation Log Collection Tool.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The log says odisver xml path does not exist###process completed with non-zero exit code: 4000

I notice the installer path (C:\Users\ANDR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\o...) listed as a 'user' and not administrator. You need admin permission to install AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Simon_Weel

I agree that you should install with local admin rights.  I would also recommend that you create a new TEMP folder on C:\ and point your %TEMP% and %TMP% user environment variables to this new folder.  Then make sure you install with your anti-virus temporarily disabled.  

I have some instructions on how to change your %TEMP% folders at this link here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-anoth...

Just change the value to C:\TEMP after creating that directly.  It will help your installation a lot by getting those temporary files out of your user account.  It'll be easier to keep cleaned up as well.  

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4

That was it! Thank you so much.

I switched to the administrator account, and there I was able to install it flawlessly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report