Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2024 Uninstallation Dilemma

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
omorah
267 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2024 Uninstallation Dilemma

Last year, I did all I could to uninstall AutoCAD 2023, I could not.

On two occasions, different technicians did a remote to my system, and they could not, so, I installed AutoCAD 2024 instead.

Now, my AutoCAD 2024 just got corrupted and I cannot repair it. I tried to uninstall it but cannot. Autodesk Uninstall Tool does not see AutoCAD 2024 in it's list of Autodesk apps installed on my computer (Go figure!). I tried iOBit Uninstaller and BCUnistaller, neither can uninstall it. Ran the Autodesk Fixit Trouble Shooter, this did not even see AutoCAD 2024. Now, the software is missing some parts since no uninstaller will do a complete removal all this version. I need to completely remove this version to be able to reinstall it. I had tried re-installing it, but it gave me the error that the file I was looking for may be in the network; I don't know why. I don't know what else to try.

UninstallIssues.jpg

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mdavis22569
in reply to: omorah

The Autodesk uninstall tool doesn't work for 2022 and I believe.

Use the Microsoft FixIt Tool. 

See if you can do this:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Clean-uninstall.ht...

I say that, as you likely have bits and pieces left that are corrupt

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
omorah
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hello,

This instruction is to remove all Autodesk products.

I only need to remove AutoCAD 2024 so as to reinstall it.

Message 4 of 8
Ed.Jobe

@mdavis22569 wrote:

Use the Microsoft FixIt Tool. 

Where do you find it? I can't find it on ms.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
mdavis22569

https://www.autodesk.com/support/download-install/individuals/manage/uninstall-autodesk-software

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Ed.Jobe

Bookmarked! I see that Autodesk still calls it FixIt, but its actually a troubleshooter. Helps explain why I couldn't find it searching for fixit,

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
mdavis22569

Depends how you "search for it" but yes, it's a troubleshooter now.  Same tool.   Just a new fancy name. 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

If your goal is to just save hard disk space, then just nuke the AutoCAD 2024 folder.  You can also surgically remove it from the registry if you need to.  But if you have no intention of running 2024 anymore, then you shouldn't have much to worry about.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report