Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing Error

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
Anonymous
1424 Views, 32 Replies

Network Licensing Error

We just built a new server to run our applications from and are running into issues getting AutoCAD to find the license file. We went through the auto generate new license file but they do not work. How does someone go about getting actual support from Autodesk?

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

All from client pc:

I can ping the hostname and it returns 172.16.x.xxx for the ip address

I do receive jargon when trying http://hostname:2080 and 27000

I have completely turned the firewall off on the host server but I am still not able to get AutoCAD to accept the license file.

When I open LMTools it does say Total of 3 licenses issued; Total of 0 in use so it appears it is reading the license file correctly. I am at a complete loss. Is there any way to change from network to local licensing and just have out 2 "other" users use the viewer to see diagrams or is it too late for that?

Message 22 of 33
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You don't want to do that.

When you say the client won't use the license file, it is kind of a puzzling statement.  How are your clients connecting?  And what kind of error prompts are they getting?

Screencap?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous

I am sorry I don't have the ability to get a screenshot right now but if I can I will post it.

When a client launches autocad, they see a FLEXnet license popup stating that no license is found. We select either setup using the server name or browse to the license file. I have tried both and receive the message that the FLEXnet license finder is completed. When we click finish, the same box pops up. Our only option is to X out of it and then it closes AutoCAD.

I will try to get a hold of the Engineer and get a screen shot if that will help.

Edit: I was able to get screenshots and correct terminology so...

The box that pops up is the FLEXnet License Finder, after specifying the license file, the license finder keeps popping up saying it was unable to obtain a license. After X'ing out it finally pop up with error 1.5.-97

FLEXnet Error.jpg

Message 24 of 33
TravisNave

Okay, that's good.  License finder box means it is installed correctly and is at least trying.  You want to use the server name option and not the license file one. 

You might have to put in a couple of system environment variables to help it out.

ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of @SERVERNAME

and

FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000

That may go a long way to helping out the issue.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Use-of-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous

After creating both environmental variables and checking the registry, the only progress is that it takes longer for the license finder to popup but it still will not accept the license. This time I tried using the server name and still no luck.

Message 26 of 33
TravisNave

Rename the CascadeInfo.cas file located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM and try launching it again.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous

I do not have that file on either the client or the server.

Message 28 of 33
TravisNave

Well that's a pretty big culprit there.  So you just have the license files and the productinformation.pit file?  No cascade? 

This would be just on the client.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous

Here is a screenshot of the ADLM folder on the client pc:

ADLM Folder.JPG

Message 30 of 33
TravisNave

Oh my goodness, this is 2007.  I must have missed this in the thread.  What is your client machine?  Windows 7?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 31 of 33
Anonymous

Correct, Windows 7 x64 Pro

Message 32 of 33
TravisNave

Ahh... 2007 is not supported on Windows 7.  You might try running it as Windows XP compatibility mode.  The licensing is basically broken for that older version on Windows 7.  Explains that.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 33 of 33
Anonymous

I guess my response to that would be: Why has it been working for the last 2 years then? This problem only occured when we built a new server to host the License Manager on, when we were running the License Manager on Server 2003 we had no issues connecting from Windows 7. Now we upgraded the server to Server 2008 R2 and we cannot connect. I don't mean to be rude but I do not believe your last post, it sounds like a marketing ploy to get customers to fork over more money for a newer version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report