Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLM 11.12 osx issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
peter_varnish
449 Views, 2 Replies

NLM 11.12 osx issues

So, im running the nlm stuff on a mac mini with 10.8.4

I have a subscription so i get to upgrade my 2014 to 2015, got a new .lic for the server and downloaded the manditory 11.12 ipv4 nlm tools

installed as suggested, ran

./lmgrd -c /path/to/lic.lic  

to start up the server, and got the new console/log output but no obvious errors or problems.

I can launch maya '14 and '15 locally on the server by giving it a .lic with localhost specified as the server, but no other computer can check out a lic.

on every other machine running either osx or win7 i get a [0.0.0] error and the message...

"License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2014 (657F1 2014.0.0.F), error 20

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='network'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set
"

I've successfully tested pinging the server with both the ip and the name

I've tried deleting the .cas files
I've tried using both the server name and the ip address in the client .lic's

From another mac using network utility I have tested the ports on the server and 2048(or 2050 whichever is the right one i forget) says its open and in use by the adskflex.

I'm trying to get help from adsk support, but sofar all they have done is sent me links to a bunch of articles specifically about using LMTOOLS on windows.

THANKS!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I figured it out...

i gave it a static port in the .lic on the server of 27003 and now it seems to work fine.

Thanks for nothing! haha jk... hope this helps somebody else.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: peter_varnish

Thanks for the update.  Honestly there's not a lot who run the NLM on a Mac.  So this probably will help someone.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report