Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array cut with void

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
EdwinG
3505 Views, 6 Replies

array cut with void

Hi,

I have made a family of an element (generic model) which is loaded into another family that use this element as an array, now i want to cut only 1 of the element of the array with a void but this doesn't work not with a void in place and not with a loaded in to family void.

Has anybody another idea how i can do this.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: EdwinG

Use a face based void.
Message 3 of 7
EdwinG
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN 

no doesn't work either.

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

Really?

Annotation 2019-03-23 122655.png

Message 5 of 7
EdwinG

@ToanDN 

My bad,

Didn't cut fase based void before i loaded into my family, just draw it and i tried to cut after it loaded to my family.

thnks

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

You cannot cut any instances in an array directly. You have to nest the array family in another family, associate the parameters so that you can flex the array, then you can cut it normally with a face based family.
Message 7 of 7
daron.sperry

I know this post is a few months old but I am looking to do the exact same thing.  Specifically, I am trying to put an array void form for a vision panel into one panel of a sectional door in order to create options for the number of vision panels.  The door panels are an array of a nested family.  When I downloaded your sample to analyze it I realized it is in Revit 2019.  Is there anyway I could recreate it in Revit 2018?  I tried to create the void in the door family directly but it does not cut into the panel of the array.  Thank you in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators