Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The more Custom the better 'Family Parameters' !

The more Custom the better 'Family Parameters' !

Families play an important role in Revit workflow; So I'm just wondering why it's not capable of customization?! 
1-I Have families that are Contain of over 100 Parameters and I Can't hide unnecessary parameters! Some parameters are only for conditions and equation, I don't need them to be visible during design process as it would confuse the modeler, So I have to create nested family which sometime contain up to 5 family and all it brings for me is more work while a Visibility check box would save me from lots of extra work! I just turn off the unnecessary parameter so the modeler can get the job done without confusion 🙂

2-Sometime I need to explain a parameter for the Modeler team to get the best result out of it! But the only way to do that is writing tooltip which they don't see or create a text parameter which doesn't look good as they have to expand the windows to read it; So a Comment option in family parameter would be just really helpful.

3-I Just wish Family parameters would support Python. I just want to create a customized parameter which there isn't a formula for! I would love to see that day which I create custom behavior for a parameter using python (or other Languages) ! It can be doe as easily as a 'Add Action' option, where I can Write and add my python script to run when Parameters are changed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report