Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Section Line in Elevations and Plan View Simultaneously

Split Section Line in Elevations and Plan View Simultaneously

Good morning,

I would like to be able with one and the same cut to split the section line in the elevations and the plan view simultaneously. Indeed sometimes I would like to cut on an opening upstairs but this one does not lead with the opening of the lower level, so I have to tweak with several cuts to obtain what I want in the presentation space and suddenly in my workspace, it is impossible for me to visualize this section in a single view! Graphically cut on openings is more visually pleasing than on a wall…

Could you integrate the possibility of having a different depth of cut for each level and not only on a single level via the "split segment" tool?

Thanks in advance.

7 Comments
wr.marshall
Advisor

(Used google translate). If understand your idea what you probably after is the plan region tool.  Please confirm!!! IF so @kimberly.fuhrman please move to Architectural forum.Plan Region.png

f.dugue
Contributor

No, this is not what I want. Below is a practical example to add to my request.

Example.jpg

wr.marshall
Advisor

So simply put, split the section line in elevations and plan view simultaneously. Sure I have seen this request somewhere before, but can't to find anything.

See this video for interest: Open 3D View in Revit Tutorial - YouTube. The concept could probably be applied as work around to achieve your end goal by creating views required and then align them on sheet so they look like one view. Is this what you currently doing?

f.dugue
Contributor

This is exactly what I want! 😄

Idea: I would like to be able to split the section line in the elevations and the plan view simultaneously

Can you replace my first text with this sentence that sums up everything? 😄 Adding my illustration?

Thank you

wr.marshall
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman can you assist @f.dugue 

Sorry mate don't work for autodesk. What you can try is click on the ellipses button and see if can edit that way

wrmarshall_0-1683883817545.png

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@f.dugue ,

Happy to help!

Thank you for your Idea submission!

-Kimberly

dfoth
Enthusiast

@f.dugue 
Piggybacking off your idea see my request below.
Plan Regions in a section view - Section Region 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators