Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Regions in a Section view - Section Region

Plan Regions in a Section view - Section Region

Create a Section Region function where you can create a rectangle region in a section that has a different Far Clip Offset than the rest of the section. Sometimes I need to see things far away on the left and right portions of a section but I don't want to see the far away things in the middle of the section. Right now we can split a section and the view shows the plan cut in different locations but the whole section view still has the same Far Clip Offset. 

2 Comments
sagnewYUXLR
Advocate

would also be good if you cut a section and revit was able to create a 2d plan view using the levels of the crop view 🙂 

dfoth
Enthusiast

@sagnewYUXLR 
Not sure I follow what you mean. You can create multiple plan views by going to the View tab and clicking Floor or Structural plan then uncheck the hide duplicates box and check all the levels that you need a plan view for. 
Do you mean that it would be cool if the created plan view crop region would adhere to the far clip offset settings of the section its created from? That would be cool but usually you cut a section in a plan anyways so that seems backwards to me. You could probably find a way to get dynamo to do your suggestion but I bet it'd be hard to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report