Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick way to find out why an element is hidden

Quick way to find out why an element is hidden

I spend more time than I like on trying to unhide elements on views. There is a lot of ways to hide something.

When "Reveal hidden elements" is clicked it would be very helpful if there was a right click command that lists the reasons that the element is not visible. I.e. Workset hidden, wrong phase, category hidden etc... It would save a lot of guesswork.  

3 Comments
d-denton
Contributor

our less seasoned users struggle in a dense model, even using 'reveal hidden elements' can make finding a specific object difficult. along with your suggestion, it would be great if we could select the desired object(s) in a view where they are visible, then from the view where they aren't, display the same helpful info you suggest. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES! I literally said this to a colleague two days ago, after spending an hour trying to unhide something. I ended up creating a new view with the exact same settings, which did the trick (I'll never understand why).

It gets tiring working through the "33 reasons why things don't show up"

nmarcelis
Advisor

@AnonymousMastering the revit visibily controls is the most difficult concepts to grasp for a beginner or intermediate user.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report